Indiana Packers Corporation (IPC) is a fully integrated retail, foodservice and private label producer of fresh and processed meats based in Delphi, Indiana. Since the start of operations in 1991, we have experienced rapid growth from a single pork processing company into a multi-plant diversified producer of fresh and processed meats, with locations throughout America’s Heartland and revenues of approximately $1.5B. We are best known for our national brand Kentucky Legend (the best-selling boneless ham brand in the United States) as well as several well-known regional brands, including Indiana Kitchen, Fischer’s, Field, Mickelberry’s, Kentuckian Gold, and Scott Pete. We now have processing facilities in Frankfort, Indiana; Holland, Michigan; and Owensboro, Kentucky.
We value diversity, innovation, collaboration and those passionate about their jobs. We support our associates by offering a total rewards package, including competitive pay, three different medical care plans (two with company-funded health savings accounts), pharmacy, dental, and vision plans, a retirement/401K (with 50% match on team members’ contributions), a competitive paid time off program, educational assistance, and numerous advancement opportunities. With more than 3,100 team members located across 14 different states, we are a big company with a small company culture.
Indiana Packers Corporation is in Delphi, Indiana, just 15 minutes away from the greater Lafayette/West Lafayette area, home of Purdue University.
The duties of a Credit Analyst include collection calls and/or correspondence in a fast-paced goal-oriented collections department.
The duties and CORE responsibilities of the Credit Analyst will consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Keep assigned channel current by resolving issues
- Review discrepancies and dispute short payments when possible
- Communicate & follow up effectively with sales department regarding customer accounts on a timely basis.
- Manage accounts that are on a hold report and add/remove holds as necessary.
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with customers, sales and customer service department
- Enlist the efforts of sales and senior management when necessary to accelerate the collection process.
- Meet defined department goals and activity metrics.
- Provide invoice, credit memo and statement copies upon request
- Analyze credit data, financial statements, and prepare reports to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit.
- Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Results, Action Oriented
- Displaying Technical Expertise
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
Work Experience and Education:
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting or related field
2-4 years’ experience in accounting
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, Intermediate knowledge of Excel, including sorting, filtering and functions, Experience with ERP Systems like Oracle
Organization Skills: Ability to efficiently work in a high-paced environment
Cross-functional skills: Ability to work with sales, finance, customer service and customers
Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication abilities