As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals’ lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco’s promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
The Credit Analyst role will assist the Elanco US Animal Health Retail Credit Supervisor in overseeing the credit and collection function of Elanco Animal Health’s Retail customers. Specifically oversee and perform credit analysis, collection activity and dispute management on the portfolio consisting of the following customers: FAP, Retail, Corporate and Universities. Ensure adherence to global and local directives to help keep in line with business objectives.
- Credit – including, but is not limited to, gathering and analyzing credit information and other data to establishing appropriate credit limit for third party customers in order to minimize financial risk. This includes obtaining credit applications, customer financial statements, credit agency reports, trade payment reports and other relevant information.
- Collections – Including, but is not limited to, performing prompt collections of past due invoices and tactfully negotiate acceptable payment plans in order to maintain performance in line with Business Unit goal and objectives.
- Disputes – Monitor, evaluate and resolve disputes within assigned A/R portfolio with goal of resolving disputes within the scope and time as defined in the local credit policy
- Establish and maintain alignment and partnership with Elanco US Customer Logistics and Elanco US Sales and Marketing organizations
- Maximize sales by reviewing pending orders and releasing them based on the customer account evaluation, credit policy and own judgement.
- Minimize credit risk and bad debt losses of AR by running past due reports, contacting customers, negotiating payments, and/or running credit references.
- Collaborates with Sales and Marketing teams on customer risk concerns; Makes customer calls to build partnerships and gain insight into our customer’s credit worthiness
- Timely escalation of customer concerns when needed
- Maintain documentation and computer files in an organized and compliant manner.
- Comply with Sarbanes-Oxley, cGMP regulations, and other regulatory requirements. This includes Elanco code of conduct and clean desk policies
- Work as a team to ensure all area goals and customer needs are met – be flexible and have a positive attitude
- Deliver the task assigned and serve as a backup as defined
- Deliver excellent phone and written communication utilizing proper grammar
- Ability to deal with difficult customers and situations in a professional manner
- Suggest and implement process changes to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the area
- BA or BS in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
- Experience working in an environment governed by GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices) and other regulations such as Sarbanes Oxley
- 3-5 Years of related experience preferred
- Knowledge in operating in SAP Software system preferred, Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks without becoming overwhelmed.
- Able to prioritize and plan daily work activities