Since the start of operations in 1991, we have experienced rapid growth from a single pork processing company into a multi-plant diversified producer of fresh and processed meats, with locations throughout America’s Heartland and revenues of approximately $1.5B. We are best known for our national brand Kentucky Legend (the best-selling quarter-sliced ham in the United States) as well as several well-known regional brands, including Indiana Kitchen, Quincy Street, Fischer’s, Field, Mickelberry’s, Kentuckian Gold, and Scott Pete. We also have processing facilities in Frankfort, Indiana; Holland, Michigan; and Owensboro, Kentucky.
We value diversity, innovation, collaboration and those passionate about their jobs. We support our associates by offering a total rewards package, including competitive pay, three different medical care plans (two with company-funded health savings accounts), pharmacy, dental, and vision plans, a retirement/401K (with 50% match on team members’ contributions), a competitive paid time off program, educational assistance, and numerous advancement opportunities. With more than 3,100 team members located across 14 different states, we are a big company with a small company culture.
The Cost Analyst is responsible for analyzing cost data, comparing actual costs to estimates and ensure all product costs are accounted to ensure maximum revenue is generated for the company.
Indiana Packers Corporation is in Delphi, Indiana, just 15 minutes away from the greater Lafayette/West Lafayette area, home of Purdue University.
- Prepare, analyze and report weekly, monthly and quarterly gross margin analysis by product group and by customer
- Analyze inventory evaluation and inventory roll forward
- Prepare daily yield reports by group and go over with managers as needed
- Compare actual costs to estimates and analyze variances
- Analyzes and monitors raw material inventory
- Review and analyze inventory and margin reports, conduct research, and perform analytical studies in regard to cost analyses and profitability
- Analyze cost accounting data and assist with cycle count/physical inventories
- Partner with other team members as needed to ensure product costs are accurately accounted for to ensure maximum revenue is generated for the company
- Perform other tasks or duties as required or needed
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Minimum 1 year financial/cost analysis or related experience in a manufacturing environment; Strong preference for those with meat processing or food industry experience.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong analytical background
- Willingness to spend time in operations/production areas to learn product and processes
- Understands the importance of goal attainment and meeting various deadlines
- Experience with accounting software is a plus
- Certified Public Accounting (CPA) or Certified Management Account (CMA) Certification is a plus
- Ability to travel 15% of the time to satellite locations (Kentucky and Michigan)
FLSA Status: Salaried Exempt
EOE including Disability and Veteran