Who are we, and what do we do?
Corteva Agriscience is the only major agriscience company in the world completely dedicated to agriculture. Our purpose is to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generation to come. Our inspiration is to be a market shaper, driving the next generation of agriculture products that help farms and farmers flourish and through partnering with society becoming the most trusted partner in the global agriculture and food community.
With a global footprint and over 22,000 employees, Corteva is building the future of agriculture and leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity for a Cost Accountant located in Indianapolis. The Cost Accountant is responsible to ensure accounting activity recorded within the company’s records and books are accurate and complete. In addition, this role is expected to adhere to the company’s accounting policy and practices as well as the country Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Primary Responsibilities – How will you help us Grow
- Working with production leadership to establish cost flows, cost structures, and the necessary legal invoicing when it comes to support services to/from third parties on shared sites.
- Working with production leadership to ensure invoicing occurs within contract terms and conditions and is properly supported with appropriate detail.
- Consultation on contract language and business models and contract execution and monitoring.
- Annual Planning and Budgeting processes related to the support services of shared sites.
- Additional job responsibilities are to manage existing Exchange/Swaps/Tolling (EST) deals and working with business partners to setup future EST deals.
- Preparation and booking of period-end journal entries.
- Supports the business in Sarbanes-Oxley assessments and ensure appropriate internal controls are in place.
Other responsibilities of this position include
- Support management with cost analysis.
- Analyze and consult on financial impacts to the business.
- Ad-hoc Finance Projects
- Teamwork – Contributes to effective team output through cooperation, participation and a commitment to shared vision and goals. Must work effectively with other business members and customers.
- Interpersonal Effectiveness – Values people; relates and communicates well to all kinds of people; builds appropriate rapport; listens, understands, and responds to others’ concerns; builds effective relationships.
- Business Acumen – Understands general business and marketing concepts and principles. Able to think like a business person and readily recognize or suggest viable business alternatives. Able to clearly articulate complex ideas.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to summarize vast quantities of data into meaningful information, and identify critical insights.
- Communication Skills – Ability to communicate ideas clearly and confidently through both oral presentations and in writing.
- Bias for Action – Ability to act despite insufficient and ambiguous information and under time constraints.
Requirements – What You’ll Bring to the Table
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 0-4 years Accounting or Finance experience is required.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of accounting/finance principles, such as GAAP, FASB, company accounting policy manual.
- Analytical skills are necessary to independently gather, assess and analyze business issues to actively participate in company/business decisions.
- Technology (computer) skills are essential to success, such as SAP knowledge and Microsoft Applications.
- Effective interpersonal skills necessary to communicate analysis, results, and business issues with management.
We care about you and we care that you’re comfortable. While there’s no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Let’s peek at just a few of the advantages to working at Corteva and how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future.
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment.
- And much, much more.
Take the next step to #GrowWhatMatters in your career with Corteva and apply today. We look forward to seeing your application.