Who are we, and what do we do?
Corteva Agriscience is the only major agriscience company in the world completely dedicated to agriculture. Our purpose is to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generation to come. Our inspiration is to be a market shaper, driving the next generation of agriculture products that help farms and farmers flourish and through partnering with society becoming the most trusted partner in the global agriculture and food community.
With a global footprint and over 20,000 employees, Corteva is building the future of agriculture and leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity for a Cost Accountant/Analyst located in Indianapolis. The Cost Accountant/Analyst role reports to the Corteva North American Cost Leader. This role supports the North American Operations organization including Manufacturing Leaders, Production Site Management, and the Supply Chain organization.
Primary Responsibilities – How will you help us Grow:
- Responsible for supporting strategic Internal and External Production Sites, along with other Operations Support Functions.
- Preparation and booking of period-end journal entries.
- Product Standard Cost– calculation/reviews.
- Work cross-functionally with Global & Regional Finance Analyst to forecast spending and related variances on monthly basis.
- Analysis of monthly actual results, to provide explanations in support of the business forecast and Management Reviews.
- Annual Planning and Budgeting processes.
- Supports the business in Sarbanes-Oxley assessments and ensure appropriate internal controls are in place.
Other responsibilities of this position include:
- Support Finance Management, Regional, and Global Finance Analyst with cost analysis.
- Analyzes and consults on financial impacts to the business.
- Ad-hoc Finance Projects.
- Teamwork – Contributes to effective team output through cooperation, participation, and a commitment to shared vision and goals. Must work effectively with other business members and customers.
- Interpersonal Effectiveness – Values people; relates and communicates well to all kinds of people; builds appropriate rapport; listens, understands, and responds to others’ concerns; builds effective relationships.
- Business Acumen – Understands general business and marketing concepts and principles. Able to think like a businessperson and readily recognize or suggest viable business alternatives. Able to clearly articulate complex ideas.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to summarize vast quantities of data into meaningful information and identify critical insights.
- Communication Skills – Ability to communicate ideas clearly and confidently through both oral presentations and in writing.
- Bias for Action – Ability to act despite insufficient and ambiguous information and under time constraints.
Requirements – What You’ll Bring to the Table
- B.S. Degree in Accounting or Finance, with CPA or MBA in Finance a plus.
- 3 to 4 years of finance or related work experience – scope of job will commensurate with work experience.
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to interface with individuals across multiple functions with excellent written and verbal communication required.
- Understand internal control and compliance.
We care about you and we care that you’re comfortable. While there’s no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Let’s peek at just a few of the advantages to working at Corteva and how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future.
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment.
- And much, much more.
Take the next step to #GrowWhatMatters in your career with Corteva and apply today. We look forward to seeing your application.