Summer: May through August (40+ hours per week)
General Description: The Contracts Intern reports to the Director of Legal Affairs. The Contracts Intern performs a variety of administrative procedures in the preparation, full execution and implementation of contracts with outside service providers for goods and services.
- Track and monitor the daily implementation progress of all contracts.
- Learn the workflows and processes currently in place.
- Learn and utilize contract management software on a daily basis.
- Complete several steps in the contract process.
- Drafting, proofreading, and issuing contracts for necessary signatures.
- Conduct follow-ups and ensure that contracts are received in a timely manner.
- Complete several administrative tasks both within the contract process and to assist with the office’s organization.
- Making copies, scanning documents and creating files.
- Maintain contact information and prepare mailings.
- The incumbent must be able to work extended hours including Saturday and Sunday when necessary.
- Interest in contract management.
- Experience working with Microsoft Word and Excel is required as well as good communication skills.