We are currently seeking a Contract Utility Forester to join our team. We are looking for energetic professionals who enjoy working outdoors and value the freedom of working independently. If you enjoy a fast-paced environment and the challenges of a rewarding profession, consider a career in vegetation management with ECI.
During these uncertain times, you can take pride in knowing you are an essential employee. Our team members work independently in an outdoor environment and follow all CDC recommended guidelines and company safety protocols relevant to COVID-19.
Some of the most important characteristics of an ECI Contract Utility Forester is a desire to learn, an ability to adapt, and a commitment to engage in safe, constructive interactions with the public. You are accountable for advancing a culture of safety and excellence while providing quality and value to our customers and clients.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Industry competitive pay.
- Company vehicle with fuel card to take to and from home & work.
- Medical/Health/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance, effective Day 1 for full time team members.
- 401K eligibility.
- Paid Holidays, Vacation and Sick Leave.
- Weekly pay checks and direct deposit.
- Participation in Employee Referral Program (must meet eligibility requirements).
- Boot and clothing program (company funded).
- Ongoing training and assistance with obtaining industry certifications.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Communicate the reasons and benefits of utility vegetation line clearance to property owners.
- Prepare efficient/concise work plans for contracted utility vegetation crews within designated territory.
- Notify property owners of vegetation clearance work to be performed.
- Handle customer complaints related to the scheduled and/or completed pruning.
- Inspect and assess customer requested for pruning or removals.
- Audit tree contractor’s work for compliance with utility’s specifications.
- Secure clear rights-of-way for new line and pole construction.
- Assist in storm and emergency situations and other miscellaneous line clearance projects.
- Communicate daily with the utility client, contractors, landowners, and general public.
- Perform duties in a manner that will promote and maintain good public relations.
- Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
WHAT YOU MUST HAVE:
- 2+ years Utility Vegetation Management experience required.
- Must be able to read maps and identify tree species, including Hazard Trees.
- Must have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, strong problem-solving abilities, the ability to multi-task and show attention to detail.
- Must be able to mitigate conflict and escalated customer issues.
- Must be able to adapt to change.
- Must be able to work alone, outdoors in various weather conditions and terrain.
- Must have basic computer skills (Microsoft Office)
WHAT WOULD BE AMAZAING TO HAVE:
- Associates or Bachelors degree in Forestry, Environmental Services or related field.
- ISA certification or ability to obtain within six months of starting.
- Bi-lingual speaking (English and Spanish) is a plus.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF AN ECI FORESTER:
Work alone in an outdoor field environment; vehicle and foot patrol of utility power lines; remote locations as well as urban, city environment; physical demands and travel from site to site, including walking/hiking on various surfaces including flat, dry, wet, slippery, uneven, rough, steep terrain, hills, and slopes; exposure to noise, dust, grease, and all types of weather and temperature conditions; exposure to hazardous traffic conditions. Reasonable accommodations, if available, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
The team member must have sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in a field environment; to walk up to 10 miles per day, stand, sit, and operate a motor vehicle for prolonged periods of time; to frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, run, crawl, climb, reach, twist, grasp and make repetitive hand, arm and shoulder movement in the performance of daily duties (e.g., forcefully beat down brush); carry, push and/or pull light to heavy amounts of weight, frequently lift up to 10 lbs. and occasionally lift up to 60 lbs. (sandbags); to operate assigned equipment and vehicles; ability to verbally communicate to exchange information with public; ability to see and hear in normal range with or without correction; operate assigned field equipment, including handheld computer, range finder, fyrake, water backpack, shovel, and traffic cone.
Environmental Consultants (ECI) is a leading provider of vegetation and asset management consulting services to the utility industry. Successful professionals at ECI have come from a variety of backgrounds, including: forestry, arboriculture, natural resource management, biology, landscape maintenance, horticulture, nursery management, environmental sciences, geology, agriculture, parks & recreation management, urban forestry, geography, and more. For more information visit our website www.eci-consulting.com
Applicants must pass a pre-employment drug test and a criminal background check.
All candidates must possess a valid driver’s license and have a good driving record.
ECI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. EOE/AA : Minority/Female/ Vets/ Disabled.