Who are we, and what do we do?
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
The primary purpose of this role is to provide contract coordination support for the Product Chemistry External Study Management Team (EMT) within Corteva. The ideal candidate: 1) will be responsible for contacting external research organizations to request quotes for work to be placed on Corteva’s behalf; 2) will learn the capabilities and capacity of each of the strategic and critical partners with whom we work; and 3) will be the face of Corteva for those partners and the first point of contact when there are issues to resolve.
The Contract Coordinator owns relationships with assigned Strategic Partners and Critical Partners. Strategic Partners are global companies with diverse service offerings that can service various needs within Analytical Sciences. Critical Partners are more focused companies that have limited but critically important services that cannot be replaced by Strategic Partners.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Actively participate with assigned team(s)
- Know team members and team leaders
- Know the basics about the research activities to be outsourced
- Gather information on future research needs
- Communicate outsourcing strategy and functional best practices to the team(s)
- Knowledge of the Strategic Partners (CRO) who support assigned team(s) needs
- Understand overall capability
- Understand capacity of the relevant service line
- Maintain relationships with key personnel
- Maintain the Business Relationships with Strategic Partners (CRO)
- Communicate team needs (short term and long term)
- Identify and develop opportunities (i.e. additional services needed by the team)
- Resolve performance issues
- Schedule and lead regular meetings between internal and external stakeholders
- Track progress of all ongoing studies and deadlines
- Meet (in person) with Strategic Partners
- Obtain/Negotiate Quotes
- Ensure the legal right to work with vendors who are asked to provide quotes
- Efficiently collect quotes on all studies requested by the assigned team(s)
- Recommend alternate suppliers based on knowledge of the marketplace
- Negotiate favorable pricing based on competitive bids
- Leverage volume pricing based on packages of work
- Participate in the Strategic Outsourcing Team
- Summarize ongoing work to the teammates
- Discuss technical/business challenges and potential solutions with Strategic Partners
- Discuss administrative challenges/roadblocks and potential solutions within Corteva
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- Excellent communication skills, spoken and written. English required
- Scientific, Analytical Chemistry or Product Chemistry knowledge a plus
- Independent thinker/doer
- Negotiation skills
- Bachelor’s degree
We care about you and we care that you’re comfortable. While there’s no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternity and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!