Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and the planet? Search our job listings below.
**This position will be considered for Teleworker/Remote worker**
The strategic vision of Elanco Indirect Procurement is to optimize category strategy compliance, supplier innovation and reduce the supply base 50% by 2022.
As part of the Elanco Global IT Procurement team, the Global IT Category Strategy Associate is a critical interface with indirect procurement peers and IT business stakeholders to bring competitive advantage and innovation through marketplace category expertise, strategic sourcing and management of suppliers.
This role will be critical in influencing stakeholders to right size internal business requirements, analyzing spend data, and investigating the marketplace best practices. The Global IT Category Strategy Associate is responsible for:
- First line responder; pivots between strategy, operations and transactional sourcing activities and focuses
- Process IT hardware and software purchase requests from within IT and across the business, including quoting, requisitions, approvals, contracting, order processing, licensing, and delivery.
- Negotiate enterprise-wide IT supplier contracts, including master agreements, statements of work, and professional service agreements. Interface with Legal, Info. Security, Data Privacy and Risk Management divisions to broker terms with vendors and ensure holistic compliance with Elanco standard policies.
- Communicates pertinent information to both internal stakeholders and suppliers to keep parties informed and to prevent problems. This role will interact, influence, and make an impact at all levels, especially with Elanco senior management due to the significant spend and strategic direction of Information Technology touching all aspects of the Elanco business.
- Drive reductions in total cost of ownership to achieve Procurement-led saving initiatives through supplier rationalization, value engineering, re-sourcing and negotiation.
- Execute ad-hoc/one off buys and general IT procurement inquiries, support PO conversion process, manage PO approvals (up to $1,000,000).
- Support integration activities as identified; for example the Ariba and iCertis implementation efforts by best practices to the table on behalf of indirect procurement, analyzing spend to identify opportunities, taking a deep dive in to various levels of category spend to identify significant areas of potential productivity realization for the IT business stakeholders.
- Direct responsibility to understand, learn and run competitive bid processes (RFI, RFP, RFQ), online auctions, negotiations, contracting, and supplier relationship management. Ensure that business stakeholders are clear on scope and understand the process.
- Provide general support across the IT organization as required, delivering excellent customer service, and using a data driven approach to guide IT stakeholders in decision making around their supplier selections.
- The person in this position works closely with key stakeholders and leadership on a daily basis. Responsible for leading commercial terms, pricing and conditions with suppliers
- Ensure compliance at every step in the supplier discovery and selection process (e.g., Confidentiality Agreements, inclusion of Elanco standard supplier policies in contracts, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business (Finance or Supply Chain focus) or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related technical field
- Minimum of 2 years Strategic Sourcing IT experience in procurement, supply chain and/or operations management; C.P.M., APICS, or CPIM certification a plus
- Good interdisciplinary, intercultural, influence, and networking soft skills; strong problem solving and verbal / written communications skills
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- Global business experience in strategic sourcing, operations management, or finance; Strong business acumen
- Ability to network, influence and drive organizational change even beyond area of direct responsibility across all levels of management; Ability to influence at multiple levels of management
- Project Management experience; strong overarching understanding of strategic sourcing value levers
- Record and maintain contract and procurement information in a centralized location and process
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, set direction, manage commitments; Ability to prioritize work effectively and meet deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated conflict resolution and/or negotiation skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to collaborate internally and externally
- Ability to understand and negotiate contract terms and conditions
- Demonstrated examples of taking bold leadership to drive organizational change
- Leverages broad network (internally & externally) to maintain market knowledge & best practice awareness
- Experience managing global third-party relationships including management/oversight, supplier and/or supplier selection, negotiation, contracting and problem resolution skills
- Candidate will encompass ‘partner’ mindset with business teams through following-up on issues, diligent planning and issue documentation, performance of root cause analysis, and will appropriately escalate issues as necessary
- 10-15%, possibly international
- Indianapolis—Remote candidate will be considered
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status