The Elanco Consultant-Non-GAAP Project Accounting is responsible for the capital and expense controllership associated with Elanco acquisitions, dispositions, and strategic options assessment activities (e.g., Project Mustang). In addition, this position will have a foundational role in the monitoring, accounting for, and reporting on global non-GAAP spend and restructuring activities. Maintaining strict adherence to internal accounting policies will be a key aspect of this role. It is also anticipated that this role will continue to assume additional project work as needed given Elanco’s demonstrated high-level of activity in business development.
Accounting and Reporting
- Responsible for accounting and reporting for Non-GAAP projects (e.g., major integrations or divestitures).
- Consolidate and analyze monthly results and report forecast variances. Coordinate cross functional activities and deadlines.
- Work cross functionally with various business partners to record actual results and establish standardized processes for project administration.
- Design and setup of SAP attributes and infrastructure (cost centers, profit centers, etc).
- Monitor global spend; facilitate intercompany non-product billings as required, and coordinate fixed asset capitalizations.
- Responsible for controllership of global integration spend and adherence to normalized accounting policies.
- Partner with local affiliate business and finance contacts to ensure the accurate and timely recording of Non-GAAP expenses.
- Perform monthly reporting of Non-GAAP project costs and assist the quarterly forecasting process for such activity; conduct ad hoc analysis of actual to plan variances.
- Serve as the key ECAR contact for integration/disposition related inquiries.
- Work with business partners on special projects and strategic initiatives as needed to provide financial analysis and business acumen.
- Bachelors Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum 4 yrs. experience in public or corporate accounting
- GAAP knowledge and technical accounting experience
- Experience in Planning, Forecasting and Reporting
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- Strong SAP skills as demonstrated by prior work with SAP.
- CPA preferred.
- Demonstrated learning agility and ability to work effectively in a cross-functional environment
- Proven ability to successfully balance and manage competing priorities
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication/presentation skills
- Excellent Business Partnering skills
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- This position is located at the Elanco Global Headquarters in Greenfield, Indiana
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status