Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and the planet? Search our job listings below.
Elanco is a global animal health company with the vision of enriching lives through food and companionship by developing innovative solutions that protect & enhance animal health. The organization has recently completed a successful IPO and is in an exciting period of growth and opportunity (both organically and via acquisitions).
The Finance Learning & Development Consultant will be a member of the Change Management team, and broader Financial Center of Excellence (FCOE), who is responsible for design and implementation of Global Finance processes. This role is responsible for working with the Finance Global Process Owners (GPOs) to design and implement an effective, focused and sustainable training program of the future.
The Finance Learning & Development role is responsible for curriculum development, training delivery, training administration, training records and training metrics globally for the Finance organization.
Successful candidates will be able to provide the vision and deep technical understanding needed to design and implement Finance training for the future. This individual will be able to influence across functions and geographies and at multiple levels within the organization.
Key Responsibilities & Deliverables:
- Provide expertise to the GPOs and Elanco Solutions Center (ESC) process teams in designing and implementing Finance training courses for the SAP S/4 HANA system.
- Design a framework for training delivery methods, e.g. on-line training, instructor-led, etc.
- Ensure overall consistency and compliance with global and local regulatory requirements such as SOx, GxP, etc.
- Integrate or attach supplementary materials such as job aids, etc. into training courses.
- Own document management in the SAP Training Portal for Finance courses.
- Recommend, implement and evaluate L & D solutions, including defining instructor qualifications and course evaluations.
Efficient Assignment and Processing
- Define and implement a global approach for Finance training assignment on an on-going basis.
- Work with GPOs to refine Finance curricula based on roles /job functions/responsibilities.
- Establish and document a consistent business process which effectively develops and manages Elanco’s Finance training curricula as new processes are introduced.
- Validate new Finance training courses to ensure it is appropriate for the intended audience.
- Evaluate existing training courses to ensure it is appropriate for the intended audience.
Communication / Networking
- Establish a strong relationship with Global Learning & Development organization.
- Establish a strong relationship with HR Learning Management Solutions (LMS) contacts.
- Provide information and/or reports from the learning management system.
- Integrate with local training coordinators of Elanco sites and affiliates.
- Be the first point of contact regarding Finance training and act on requests, e.g. new assignments, curricula changes, etc.
- Benchmark new trends in the training industry.
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum 5 years experience in Learning & Development, Learning Management, Training or similar areas.
- Technical/Operational Knowledge – In-depth experience in designing and implementing comprehensive training programs.
- Leadership – Demonstrated leadership on cross-functional teams. Ability to drive training improvements and manage change across a diverse organization working with people across geographies and at multiple levels within the organization to influence and direct improvements.
- Systems Use/Knowledge – Strong computer-based skills. Capability to develop and utilize tools and reports for optimizing training assignments.
- Breadth of experience – Broad understanding of different teaching techniques and how learner’s learn.
- Orientation – Business savvy, customer focused, flexible and adaptable, able to deal with ambiguity. Strong self-management and organizational skills.
- Communication – Presenting words, images and ideas in a clear, succinct, organized and interesting manner in order to effectively convey a meaningful and compelling message to an individual or group.
- Organizational Influence – Using conversational forums to demonstrate and convince others of the possibility that their needs can be met through the idea, product or service you are offering.
- While this position is open to candidates willing to work remotely, we expect the successful candidate to generally follow the EST time zone working hours. This is to ensure participation, collaboration and engagement with key stakeholders. We will expect and allow flexibility, where required, to accommodate meetings outside of standard EST working hours as it may happen.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco Animal Health does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this position.
- Finance Process Knowledge
- Experience in SAP ERP, Success Factors and Enable Now
- Recognized as a credible and dependable resource
Location: This role can be located anywhere in the US with ability to travel to Elanco’s corporate headquarters in Greenfield, IN, as needed.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status