As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals’ lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco’s promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
This position will be a key contributor to the Elanco Corporate Accounting and Reporting (ECAR) team. This team plays an important role in implementing new processes and policies as an independent public company.
This role will assist in preparing the accounting and executing the corporate consolidations process for Elanco consolidated results including the preparation of components of external management reporting; preparation of top-level and local journal entries; preparation of monthly account reconciliations; troubleshooting accounting issues with affiliates; performing audit and quality checks during the monthly close; and assisting with intercompany and intracompany accounting. Additional project work includes- application of new accounting pronouncements, consolidations continuous improvement projects integration of acquisitions into our global ERP (SAP S4 Hana), as well as preparation components of annual and quarterly SEC reporting for Elanco.
Specific responsibilities include:
Reconcile intercompany and intracompany activity and influence the continuous improvement of reconciliation processes with the affiliates and global shared service center Review and upload offline trial balances into consolidation system Prepare and consult on accounting effects of future mergers and acquisitions Prepare accounting for equity and cost method investments Prepare foreign currency related top-level journal entries for hyperinflationary currencies and historical accounts Assist with the integration of acquired company into new ERP system Contribute to the continuous improvement in corporate governance processes and controls Assist in preparation of monthly close and SOx deliverables, including related evidence to support the execution of controls Contribute to the preparation and review of SEC registration statements Assist in ensuring compliance with Elanco Global Accounting Policies and Practices Provide accurate and timely accounting guidance to affiliates and business partners Assist in the preparation of the statement of cash flows.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- +3 years of relevant experience
- CPA or Chartered Accountant
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills as position requires communication with employees in numerous geographic areas throughout the world
- Strong teamwork skills with a proven ability to produce high quality work
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to effectively work under pressure
- Ability to work independently and self-direct several projects simultaneously
- Attention to detail
- Solid problem-solving skills and ability to innovate
- Solid business partnering skills and a willingness to push back and challenge when necessary
- Extensive knowledge of Excel
- Strong knowledge of and prior experience with Business Objects
- Preference for working knowledge of SAP
- Preference for experience with BPC or Hyperion HFM
- High learning agility
- Passion for continuous improvement
- Flexibility during peak closing periods.
- Overtime is required based upon business needs and issues, particularly during closing at quarter and year-ends.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status