Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and the planet? Search our job listings below.
Elanco is transforming is data and information landscape to become a company that is more data-driven than ever before. Across the G&A functions including Finance, HR, Legal, Corporate Affairs, and Ethics & Compliance, there is a clear focus on working with new source systems, processes, and datasets to ensure that we have the right data available to both run and transform our business through better reporting and analytics.
The G&A Data Analyst will be the primary IT point of contact for specific datasets and related activities/capabilities within our G&A data ecosystem. They will lead the effort to establish new data domains and data products within our Enterprise Data Landscape and work with various partners across the G&A and IT organizations to achieve our information management goals. You will be responsible for day-to-day interactions with business partners and stakeholders as well as colleagues in other data domains and serve as an escalation point for specific project/support issues.
As our datasets are an emerging area, you will also assist in defining its scope and lead projects to bring in this data. It is not expected that you will be involved in the detail of all operational activities within these data domains and appropriate, repetitive tasks should be delegated to vendor resources with effective overview.
Responsibilities of this position will include, but are not limited to:
- Form a strong partnership with the appropriate Stakeholder and BRM Leads in the G&A Organization to align on the data products, integrations, and reporting.
- Will span across multiple functions with a focus on HR, and include Finance, Ethics and Compliance, Legal, and Corporate Affairs.
- Oversee external providers to improve our Service Offerings and deliver stakeholder outcomes
- Identify opportunities to streamline processes and improve performance of our data capabilities and turn them into reality
- Serve as an initial escalation point for any significant support or operational issues that our vendors need assistance to resolve and ensure appropriate communication to stakeholders
- Manage the list of providers and subscribers to these datasets, ensuring that the list remains current, the content correct and the data usage appropriate
- Play a lead role in projects to deliver and/or enrich data products.
- Play a consulting role in projects that affect the G&A Data platform to ensure that their outcome aligns to the established design standards and processes within the function
- Partner with the G&A Domain Leader to create a roadmap of data products and deliverables
- Display curiosity and maintain current knowledge of industry trends and technologies to make recommendations that can be appropriately integrated into our solutions and services
- Act as the System Custodian for all processes related to specific datasets within the G&A Organization
- Support other DataOps peers and drive appropriate consistency levels across datasets
- Educate colleagues about our G&A data products and create an understanding of how they can be used across Elanco.
- Associates Degree in computer science or related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in supporting and/or implementing data platforms, products, or services
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Data platforms and capabilities, such as Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Azure Databricks, Azure Synapse Analytics
- Prior experience with financial datasets and processes preferred
- Ability to facilitate effective meetings and elicit functional / non-functional requirements from business and IT stakeholders
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced, global work environment and the ability to work on multiple time-sensitive projects
- Demonstrated customer management, negotiation, and project management skills with evidence of handling tough situations considerately and sensitively
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, as well as detailed-oriented organizational skills are also required
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status