Consolidation Accounting Supervisor
Who are we, and what do we do?
Corteva Agriscience is the only major agriscience company in the world completely dedicated to agriculture. Our purpose is to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generation to come. Our inspiration is to be a market shaper, driving the next generation of agriculture products that help farms and farmers flourish and through partnering with society becoming the most trusted partner in the global agriculture and food community.
With a global footprint and over 22,000 employees, Corteva is building the future of agriculture and leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity for a Consolidation Accounting Supervisor – Corporate Accounting.
The Consolidation Accounting Supervisor position supervises and manages a subset of the Corporate Accounting consolidation team (4 employees, located in Wilmington), ensuring accurate and timely consolidated financial statements for Corteva. The team is responsible for preparing the consolidated income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statement as well as other corporate items on a monthly and quarterly basis.
This is a high visibility position. The selected candidate will work closely with Corporate Accounting, Tax, Treasury/Credit, and Financial Planning and Analysis leadership and has interactions with the Corporate Controller and CFO.
Responsibilities – How will you help us grow?
- Supervise and manage the Consolidation team.
- Responsible for preparing and publishing various non-GAAP consolidation reports used by various finance workstreams and leaders.
- Monthly review of the consolidated Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement. Additionally, prepare the monthly Corporate EBITDA analysis.
- Quarterly prepare / review of EPS footnote, various FinPack schedules, Equity Affiliate accounting and other ad-hoc requests from Leadership.
- Monitors the adherence to timelines and drives continuous process improvement.
- Solves problems escalated by the team and our internal work partners.
- Monthly reviews of direct reports work in conjunction with the month-end close and internal controls (i.e. journal entries, CAVs, reconciliations, month-end close binders).
- Ensures SOX compliance of the processes.
Background and Experience – What you’ll bring to the table.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- MBA/CPA is a plus.
- Strong software skills and knowledge of Analysis for Office BPC, SAP and Windows Office applications (Excel, Word, Powerpoint).
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to solve issues timely in a challenging, but rewarding environment.
- Flexible with work schedule, as nights/weekends are needed during busy time.
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States on a permanent basis (U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, or Qualifying Asylee/Refugee).
- Prior supervisory experience a plus.
We care about you and we care that you’re comfortable. While there’s no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Let’s peek at just a few of the advantages to working at Corteva and how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future.
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment.
- And much, much more.
Take the next step to #GrowWhatMatters in your career with Corteva and apply today. We look forward to seeing your application.