Internship Dates: June through August; start and finish dates are negotiable.
General Description: The position of the Concessions/Event Services Intern reports to the Director of Event Services. The purpose of this position is to assist in the day-to-day functions of the Event Services Team including but not limited to assisting with the Indiana State Fair Concessions contracts and mailings, Mercantile Vendors and Campgrounds inquiries.
- Assist with concessions as needed – daily input on computer utilizing Ungerboeck, collection of money, mailings, filing
- Assist with daily concessions collections during the State Fair
- Assist Switchboard/Front Desk Receptionist for Administration Building
- Assist with Campgrounds inquiries
- Assist with Mercantile vendors contracts, needs
- Assist with setup needs for Fair and year-round shows if needed
- Assist with Fair special events as needed
- Assist management with office needs such as data processing and reports utilizing Word, Excel, Ungerboeck, copying filing, mailings as needed
- Answer phones
- Provide excellent customer service to all Fairgrounds customers
Applicants should have an interest in the hospitality and tourism industry, event planning and sales. Applicants should have outstanding communication and organization skills, excellent customer service skills, strong technological expertise, a good attitude and willingness to work. Candidates should be able to work through the end of the Indiana State Fair in August.