At Farm Credit Mid-America, we believe people are our strongest asset. We are consistently looking to hire individuals from a wide range of experience and capabilities who have a desire to serve. Currently, we have over 1,500 employees across Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky and Tennessee.
This position will develop, implement, enhance and maintain aspects of a comprehensive lending and/or loan servicing compliance program to promote adherence to internal compliance-related procedures and processes and existing, new or revised statutory and regulatory requirements. Serve as a compliance subject matter expert on lending and/or servicing compliance and related issues, for both the Rural 1st and/or Agricultural Lending business units.
- Assist with the development, implementation and maintenance of the Association’s Compliance Management System.
- Policies and Procedures
- Ensure that policies, procedures and programs comply with applicable regulatory requirements and mitigate risk of non-compliance.
- Assist in the implementation of the Association’s compliance policies, processes and procedures for the Rural 1st and Agricultural business units.
- Assist in the creation, review and updating of processes, procedures and job aides.
- Coordinate with the Organizational Development and other teams to develop, obtain/provide and facilitate compliance components of training programs appropriate for job roles. May create and deliver compliance-related training.
- Policies and Procedures
- Provide advisory support and guidance
- Provide direct compliance advisory support to various business functions and/or retail offices in the application of business processes to promote compliance with internal lending requirements as well as lending laws, regulations, and best practices. Field inquiries, interpret questions, research, and provide appropriate and timely guidance and assistance. Make effective recommendations to mitigate compliance risk.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on compliance-related matters as projects and initiatives are introduced, implemented and revised.
- Participate on the front end of new product and service development to proactively consider and address compliance issues during implementation as well as provide ongoing support post-implementation.
- Lead activities or projects to effectively implement compliance risk-mitigation controls and principles.
- Monitor emerging compliance issues and assist in assessing potential exposure to the Association.
- Monitor and analyze developing trends and changes in applicable laws and regulations, and advise leadership of the operational impact. Design and implement controls and/or perform detailed transaction testing to ensure that existing controls are adequate.
- Support Audit and Exam Functions
- Coordinate regulatory examinations or other internal or external audits of assigned compliance focus area(s).
- Respond to internal and external compliance review, audit and exam recommendations. Work with teammates to help identify the most appropriate solutions, assist with implementation of solutions, and track resolution through to closure.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and maintenance of annual compliance risk assessments, and assists with the creation of the compliance testing program, commensurate with the identified levels of risk.
- Review advertisements and other marketing materials prior to publishing for compliance with applicable state and federal laws and regulations. Ensure advertisements are accurate, transparent, and match the actual terms being offered by the Association.
- Partner with Business Technology (BT), Legal and other departments, as appropriate, to ensure the Association’s record retention program is consistent with consumer compliance regulatory requirements.
- Participate in the development and/or presentation of an overview of the Association’s compliance program to senior leaders or others as appropriate or requested.
- Keep the Legal department informed of issues identified while carrying out compliance responsibilities.
- Effectively communicate in person and in writing complex compliance concepts. Participate in creating compliance updates for posting on company intranet or distribution via other channels.
- Represent and communicate the Association’s purpose and values. Comply with Association conduct and security policies and confidentiality expectations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, agribusiness, or equivalent experience. Ideal candidate will have at least six (6) years related experience in the consumer compliance, process improvement, or the legal field related to commercial lending, consumer lending, consumer or agricultural servicing, or another highly regulated field relating to financial services.
- Experience with the interpretation of laws, rulings and regulations impacting mortgage and commercial lending, including (but not limited to) Reg B, Reg Z, RESPA, TRID, OFAC, Fair Housing Act, Fair Lending principles, Federal Flood Requirements, SAFE Act, E-Sign, HMDA, FCRA / FACT Act, UDAAP, FDCPA, and MLA / SCRA.
- Requirements of the job include the ability to do the work, with or without reasonable accommodations. It is the Company’s policy to make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Leadership retains the right to add, subtract or change duties of the position at any time.
Farm Credit Mid-America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other category protected by law.