Inari is the SEEDesign™ company. We embrace the diversity and complexity of nature in every aspect of our business to drive innovation – to push the boundaries of what is possible. Through our unrivaled technology platform, Inari uses predictive design and advanced multiplex gene editing to develop step-change products. We are taking a nature positive approach to unlock the full potential of seed that will transform the food system. The results will lead to more productive acres delivering value creation for farmers and a more sustainable future for our planet.
Our success is dependent on great minds, collaborating to generate bright ideas and deliver exceptional outcomes.
We have over 230 employees, with research sites in Cambridge, MA (USA) and Ghent (Belgium), as well as a product development site in West Lafayette, IN (USA). We’ve deliberately built a team that brings diversity of thought to all aspects of our business, to generate new ideas, approaches, and ways of operating. And we’ve intentionally combined experience with potential, bringing agriculture industry experts with the desire to innovate together with bright minds from academia, human therapeutics, software, and consulting. If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world while protecting our planet’s natural resources, we’d love to hear from you!
ABOUT THE ROLE….
We are looking for a summer intern to work from May through August 2023 to support our Commercial organization. Students will perform a variety of responsibilities as we set up our first demonstration plot in the West Lafayette, IN area. Our internship will have a broad range of responsibilities, from customer-facing opportunities to crop assessment analysis and hands-on maintenance of our demo plot (mowing, spraying, weeding, etc.). We are looking for students who want to help Inari feed the world; if this is you, please apply!
AS A COMMERCIAL INTERN, YOU WILL…
- Assist with marketing material creation and implementation
- Assist with data collection, improvements, and database management
- Complete farmer and Independent Seed Brand interviews to help with market research
- Gain a well-rounded understanding of general seed industry workings
- Assist with the coordination of plot tours and field day events
- Maintain our West Lafayette Demonstration site, including landscaping, mowing, weeding, etc
- Introduction to inventory and quality assurance management
- Our ideal student is in Agronomy, Ag Science, or Agri-Business
- Rising Junior or Rising Senior preferred; willing to consider rising sophomore
- Demonstrated self-motivation and initiative with the ability to set and achieve goals with minimal supervision
- A valid driver’s license and your own vehicle to allow for travel to other field sites outside of the West Lafayette area as needed to support the commercial team (mileage reimbursement by Inari)
- A strong sense of purpose and drive to develop unique, high-impact solutions.
- Adaptability and enthusiasm for new challenges, innate curiosity, and a passion for learning.
- Creative and strategic thinking, willingness to be bold and take risks, and the ability to recognize and learn from failure
- A collaborative mindset that is open to giving and receiving ideas, perspectives, and feedback
- Ability to work independently and deliver on responsibilities in a highly collaborative environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse range of individuals and audiences