SUMMARY: This role oversees a facility that supplies fertilizer to other retail units in the surrounding marketplace. The ideal candidate must be self-motivated, hardworking, have good time management skills, able to make decisions and work independently. The incumbent must be detail oriented with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Working knowledge of excel is necessary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following reflects managements definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the facility according to divisional objectives to provide prompt, courteous and effective service while maintaining the efficiency necessary to achieve a maximum margin of profit
- Maintain daily records of incoming and outbound product shipments
- Manage the workforce through responsible training and clear job assignment definition and explanation
- Invoice shipments and receiving daily
- Monitor the work of all employees to correct deficient performance and effectively reward and develop all employees
- Build relationships with the customer base and key suppliers
- Repair and maintain the facility. Keep maintenance records
- Communicate with supervisor and utilize additional resources (other branch managers, credit, marketing, human resources, etc.) to maximize profitability
- Maintain a safe working environment
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Five or more years experience in agricultural field, along with leadership experience.
- Bachelor of Science degree preferred
- Knowledge of preventative maintenance routines and facility management (i.e., maintenance, sanitation, etc.) is preferred.
- Must understand basic business principals of inventory management and personnel supervision
- Demonstrate strong leadership and organizational skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and capable of learning company specific software.
- Strong math, mechanical, and electrical problem-solving skills.
- Excellent customer relations and service skills
- Experience leading safety and business improvement strategies
- Detail oriented with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of fertilizers is helpful but not required