SUMMARY: The Business Systems Analyst will serve as a key software support resource that works closely with technical and business stakeholders to understand how systems are used and helps define and deliver on new requirements. The focus will be on supporting our feed and grain software platforms and integrations. This role will be a combination of project management and support of help desk tickets. It will also require working in SQL and with data reporting tools such as SSRS and Tableau.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following reflects managements definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Resolves escalated help desk tickets and provides support as needed for problem resolution and root cause analysis.
- Works as a liaison among IT and business leads in order to understand business processes, goals and gaps.
- Participates in and/or leads the planning, prioritization, design, development and deployment of new projects & system enhancements.
- Documents detailed system requirements for new and existing systems.
- Reviews business requirements with various business and technology stakeholders.
- Develops and maintains documentation and standards.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with stakeholders and other IT team members.
- Resolves problems and works with other teams to ensure 24×7×365 missions-critical business application availability, reliability, and performance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Statistics, Mathematics, Accounting or Computer Science or equivalent work experience required.
- At least three years experience serving as an analyst or in a project management role preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop general and detailed functional requirements
- Understanding of database design and construction
- Basic SQL and query knowledge
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.