SUMMARY: Performs all aspects of the Accounts Payable function with specific concentration on agronomy inventory receipts and invoicing. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: matching purchase orders to invoices and entering the invoices into the applicable software according to policies, procedures, and deadlines. Identifying errors or discrepancies and timely resolving them before processing. Professionally and promptly addressing incoming inquiries (email and phone) from employees and supplier representatives regarding a wide variety of Accounts Payable issues.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Understands and can use company accounting software (SSI) appropriately
- Maintains accounting department files and records
- Issues electronic payments promptly and accurately
- Ensures the timely and accurate processing of invoices and credits to maximize available discounts and minimize additional service charges
- Verifies and corrects vendor data, payments, invoices, credits and discount terms.
- Prepares, records, and verifies all invoices for proper payment. This includes matching invoice to proper receivers, ensuring proper coding and accurate data entry
- Research problem invoices: interfaces with vendors and other appropriate staff to reconcile and maintain the accuracy of company inventories.
- Communicates in a professional manner with staff and vendors regarding missing documentation, approvals, pricing or any other discrepancies
- Responds to inquiries and contacts other departments or vendors to resolve a variety of problems
- Work with other Accounts Payable personnel to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Ensures invoices coming due are communicated with the appropriate personnel for approval of product per company policy
- Runs monthly reports as required to reconcile accounts and assist in reconciliations of vendor prepayments and statements.
- Enters new vendors into the system and updates information in the master files as needed
- Performs various clerical and routine accounting tasks in support of an operating unit
- Assists with special projects as needed
- Associates Degree in Accounting, or the equivalent thereof, and/or prior work experience to demonstrate knowledge of all-purpose accounting functions
- Demonstrated ability to calculate figures and amounts accurately
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Possess a thorough understanding of assigned accounting related functions (i.e. A/P, A/R).
- Able to operate general business machines such as computer, calculator, fax and similar office equipment efficiently
- Able to accurately complete high volume of work within specified time frames
- Must be punctual and have regular attendance.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, standards and accounts payable process workflow
- Strict attention to detail, developed problem solving skills, logical & critical thinking skills, high personal accountability
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage own time to achieve deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively where necessary in a team environment
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook) and ability to learn company specific software
- Ability and willingness to participate in required training that may include education on policies and procedures and additional training as it relates to the requirements of the position
- Demonstrates essential abilities including business knowledge, collaboration, communication, customer focus, decision making, organizational and skill development
- Must be willing to work hours beyond those considered normal occasionally