At Farm Credit Mid-America, we believe people are our strongest asset. We are consistently looking to hire individuals from a wide range of experience and skills who have a desire to serve. Currently, we have over 1,500 employees across Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky and Tennessee.
Here is what our company offers:
- Competitive Salary
- 15 Vacation days, 15 Sick days, 11 Holidays
- Award winning 401(k) with outstanding employer match
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-term, Long-term, Life and other insurances
- Fitness incentive
- Tuition Assistance for employees and dependents
BASIC FUNCTION: The Closing Specialist (CS) provides exceptional internal and external customer experiences by directing and performing the loan closing function for the team. Team members in this role own and facilitate workflow and communication details after loan approval to satisfy closing requirements, loan conditions, and meet customer needs.
The Closing Specialist is responsible for compliance with all regulations and procedures from loan approval to loan certification. They are expected to coordinate with their Retail Operations team to accommodate customer needs in retail locations throughout the marketplace. This includes but is not limited to office coverage and serving as a backup to other roles as needed.
- Creates a positive customer experience by delivering timely and thorough service in a way that exceeds customer expectations while meeting internal and external deadlines.
- Primary contact for customer, 3rd party vendors, partners and peers. Recognizes customer needs and is proficient in offering appropriate products and services to customers.
DELIVERS AND SERVICES CREDIT:
- Facilitates the final stages of the lending process from loan approval to loan certification.
- Coordinates directly with customer, 3rd party vendors, partners/peers to gather appropriate requirements and documentation.
COMPLIANCE AND CREDIT ADMINISTRATION:
- Adheres to all regulatory compliance requirements, prepares accurate loan closing packages.
- Confirms requirements for title, appraisal and any loan conditions.
- Completes necessary actions for loan accuracy and certification.
- Follows guidance in all process guides as appropriate for the role.
SENIOR CLOSING SPECIALIST: In addition to the above responsibilities, the Senior Closing Specialist serves as a positive role model and professional resource for all Closings Specialists. Team members in this role will lead by example, inspiring collaboration, process improvement and innovative solutions. This individual demonstrates thought leadership, embraces all opportunities to share ideas and fosters an environment that exhibits our association’s purpose and values. The senior team member motivates others to be their best and promotes success across all roles. The Senior Closing Specialist champions organizational change, continuous improvement and the delivery of exceptional customer experiences. The senior team member must demonstrate the ability to operate independently, successfully execute accurate work and deliver quality service while managing additional responsibilities.
The Closing Specialist role is continually evolving and may include other duties to be assigned.
Represents and communicates the mission and values of Farm Credit Mid-America and complies with its conduct policy, security policy and confidentiality expectations.
Extensive knowledge of agricultural industry (personal, professional or educational) is preferred. Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Business or related field or high school diploma and at least six years of successful experience in two or more of the following areas: financial related customer service, loan processing or loan servicing.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of: Commercial lending, Title Insurance, Entity documents, Real Estate Guidelines and Collateral requirements. Farm Credit Mid-America products, services, fees and their application to customers’ needs; credit delivery, market segments; basic agriculture; basic credit; economic conditions; competition’s products, interest rates, and fees; selling techniques; Association technology and accounting systems, as well as loan origination systems, processes, and documents; and Farm Credit Mid-America policies and procedures.
Skills in: Providing exceptional customer service; coaching others; researching courthouse documents and public records; interpersonal relations; verbal and written communications; listening; organizing; problem solving; matching products and services to customer needs; translating features into benefits; selling; using accounting and loan origination systems; using computers.
Ability to: Be flexible; work efficiently and accurately in a retail location; identify priorities; work with interruptions; maintain confidentiality; work independently and with a team; be disciplined; achieve goals; accept and implement corporate strategies; demonstrate Association values; relate positively to others; listen to customers; use systems and computers; be logical; work under stress; overcome objections; manage time; assess risk; professionally represent Farm Credit Mid-America.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This job requires the incumbent to have the ability to:
- Engage in telephone and face-to-face conversation to serve customers and give and receive information from staff, vendors, outside consultants and the public.
- Use a computer and similar office technology and tools. This involves reading the screen and keying/typing information.
- Speak and make presentations to individuals or groups on technical subjects related to job.
- Travel via auto or commercial transportation to carry out essential responsibilities of the job.
- Successfully interact with and represent the organization to staff, officers, board members, customers, vendors, and/or the public at all levels.
- Provide sound technical advice to leaders and other staff in the subject field(s) related to this position.
- Understand and explain various subject matter and consulting concepts, programs, terminology, and methods.
- Reason, judge, compare, calculate, evaluate, decide, and critique such information as written material, numerical data, responses to customer needs, and/or other related work activities.
Requirements of the job include the ability to do the work in a retail office location, with or without reasonable accommodations. It is the Association’s policy to make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Leadership retains the right to add, subtract or change duties of the position at any time.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than “at will” employment relationship.
Farm Credit Mid-America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other category protected by law.