INTERN – REGION AGRONOMY
Reports to: Agronomy Region Director
Summary: The Region Agronomy Intern is responsible for learning a wide variety of branch tasks within a region. Will shadow various roles, attend relevant meetings, and take responsibility for an assigned project. Work locations will include branches within the counties of: Newton, Jasper, Pulaski, Benton, Fountain, Warren, Tippecanoe, and Montgomery. Assignments include laboring beside team in all tasks to serve customers, so expect to work when the team works.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Works closely with Region Director, Sales Manager, Location Manager, and other members of the agronomy team.
- Attend safety training for all aspects of branch activities. Obtain Ag CDL.
- Shadow, assist and perform a wide variety of tasks to get exposure to all facets of the operation.
- Scout crops for customers and be able to interpret and report findings.
- Ride with applicators to gain an understanding of the application process.
- Attend Sales trainings and all Region Agronomy meetings.
- Travel with staff and experience different aspects of branches within the assigned Region.
- Job shadow regional agronomist and sales staff.
- Maintain and safely operate a Ceres Solutions vehicle.
- Perform all responsibilities safely and in compliance with environmental stewardship regulations.
- Be responsible for assigned project to be completed during the course of the internship.
- Prepare an intern completion presentation and present it to Senior Management.
- Familiarity and use of smart phone technology, Microsoft Suite products or similar.
- All other duties as assigned by the Region Director and Sales Manager.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The candidate will have an exceptional work ethic, a positive attitude, professionalism and be self-motivated. The candidate will be highly responsible, flexible, and dedicated to deliver results under pressure. The candidate must work well within a team and communicate clearly. The candidate must adhere to the core values of Ceres Solutions Cooperative. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Enrolled in a college or university; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Mathematical Skills and Reasoning
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid driver’s license. Obtain Ag CDL.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk, hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Ceres Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. Prospective candidates receive consideration without discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, non-job-related disability, veteran status, other protected group status, or any condition prescribed by state or local law. The company provides Job Descriptions for positions to aid in orienting candidates to potential opportunities. The description identifies basic requirements, criteria, and expectations. It also provides a basis for making reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Job descriptions are periodically revised, and are not to be considered all-inclusive. This description does not cover every task or duty that might be assigned, and additional responsibilities will be added at the discretion of the Supervisor as necessary. Thank you for your interest in Ceres Solutions.