CEO & Co-Founder
High Alpha Innovation partners with the world’s leading organizations to innovate through startup creation. Part strategy consultancy, part venture studio, our team is a diverse mix of highly-experienced company builders, designers, and strategists who work with corporate and university partners to source, launch, and invest in venture studios and advantaged startups.
We are partnered with Purdue University’s Digital Innovation in Agri-Food Systems Laboratory (DIAL), a part of the Purdue Applied Research Institute (PARI). DIAL is a venture studio focused on creating startups that bring digital innovation to our food and agriculture system. In our work together, we explore unmet needs in the agri-food value chain, develop potential solutions, and launch new companies to build and bring them to market.
Our newest company is currently in Stealth Mode and is seeking a CEO & Co-Founder. This StealthCo. will help to solve the labor shortage in the agricultural value chain and create a new platform to support both employers and workers. It will do this by ensuring that farmers have the workers they need to feed the nation and the world, that workers seeking opportunity have the rights and protections that they deserve, and that both farmers and workers can find each other and build the kinds of durable, trusting relationships that are at the heart of American agriculture.
The software platform starts by improving access to the federal H-2A visa program for temporary agricultural workers, one of the most promising avenues to address the immediate needs of U.S. agricultural producers. The platform streamlines the application process, manages data and recall, and improves predictability and communication when put in the hands of H-2A visa workers, visa processors, agricultural producers, and other employers. In time, the platform will broaden to support workers and employers in new ways, supporting their needs beyond the employer-employee relationship.
You’ll be supported by the High Alpha Innovation team, who have seen exponential growth across a variety of SaaS platforms in multiple industries and successful exits, partners with deep subject matter expertise, and the Purdue and PARI network.
As the CEO and Co-Founder, you will be responsible for building a big, important, and durable business from the ground-up. You will work to build conviction with the market, investors, and early customers as you bring the product to market. You will also set the go-to-market strategy and get the MVP into the hands of early customers. This is a unique opportunity to be a creator, builder, and innovator to build a world-class product from scratch.
What You’ll Do:
- Serve as a leader and co-founder to shape corporate strategy and company vision while building conviction in the market, with investors, and customers
- Drive growth, profitability and company value while implementing scalable and efficient strategies to ensure consistent results and exponential growth
- Align resources to achieve key business goals and milestones
- Own the operational budget and managing burn rate and runway
- Report updates to the Board of Directors and corporate stakeholders regarding progress on strategic goals
- Assist with creating and executing a fundraising strategy to drive interest from outside VC investors
- Set the vision for the company and define the overall strategy from launch to scale.
- Structure a thoughtful organizational hiring plan and recruit, retain & develop world-class talent against that plan.
- Drive strategy and decision-making across all functional areas, including business development, product, marketing & content, operations, and finance.
- Determine the highest-order KPIs and build the plan and team to measure, monitor, and improve them.
- Lead all fundraising activities to support growth objectives in partnership with High Alpha Innovation.
- Develop a comprehensive framework for initiating and supporting relationships across the agri-food sector, including agricultural producers, farm labor contractors, co-ops, and H-2A visa processors.
- Develop strategic relationships with development and channel partners to further StealthCo’s offering.
- Design, execute and continually iterate go-to-market strategies.
- Assist in defining, evaluating, and evolving the product roadmap by identifying new opportunities and gaps through strategic relationships with growers, agribusiness leaders, and innovators across the agri-food value chain.
- Drive operations and operational rigor, including full P&L and cash flow management.
- Create and sustain a great company culture with articulated values that provides inspired leadership and enables a great working relationship to the team across all levels.
What You’ll Need:
- Demonstrated experience in selling SaaS products and building high performing teams
- Experience or exposure to software business models, ideally in managing regulated or bureaucratic process, ag tech, or workforce management
- A passion and vision for transforming agriculture, supporting growers, and protecting workers
- Founder experience is preferred or experience working in an early stage venture backed company in a key leadership role
- Venture capital fundraising experience preferred or other relevant experience across sales, negotiations or corporate development
- Strong track record of tackling difficult challenges, a strong work ethic and desire to build a high growth company
- An entrepreneurial mindset along with the grit and determination to scale a company from scratch
What we offer:
- Salary plus equity plan
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Flexible work location within the United States
- A collaborative, entrepreneurial environment with a proven venture studio playbook
- A highly validated concept and business model hypothesis developed by our team
- Pre-seed funding committed by our university partner
- The support of the venture studio and platform services, we surround the startup with world-class expertise in every discipline required to build a market-leading company
What we value :
We make decisions with imperfect information and quickly move forward. We take action. We are comfortable with discomfort, and we measure our results in terms of what we build.
WE ARE BOLD
We seek, uncover, and speak truth. We are endlessly curious, we dream big and we lead through vision. Our ideas change the world.
WE CREATE OPPORTUNITY
We aim to create as much opportunity for as many people as possible, and we believe startups are a powerful vehicle for doing so. By creating opportunity, we create joy for ourselves, our loved ones, our corporate partners, and if we’re doing it right — the world.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
High Alpha Innovation is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not just accept diverse backgrounds, we celebrate them. Our company, the work we do, and our partners benefit from the value of a diverse team. No team member’s value lies alone in their diversity, and because we value diversity so highly, we reiterate that all hiring and employment decisions are made on merit, performance, competence, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.