Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and the planet? Search our job listings below.
The Research Scientist will focus on the generation of clonal production cell lines, primarily suspension CHO cultures, for the purposes of biotherapeutic manufacturing. This individual would oversee and/or perform all activities leading up to clonal cell line generation, including vector design, stable pool generation, and clonal line isolation. Further, the incumbent would be responsible for characterization and assessment of these clonal lines as well as for transitioning clonal lines into full process development. Additionally, the Research Scientist would be responsible for continued improvement of all aspects of the cell line development process, including genetic manipulation of parental cell lines and evaluation of novel enabling technology/platforms. This work would include identification of desirable phenotypic traits, determination of suitable genetic targets, assessment of tools/strategies for genetic manipulation, generation of engineered cell lines, and comprehensive evaluation of cell line performance under biotherapeutic production conditions. This position will involve interactions with multiple internal functional groups as well as exploration of external 3rd party collaborators. The incumbent will provide technical leadership of early development phase projects through regulatory submission, delivering high quality production cell lines into manufacturing. The Research Scientist in this role is expected to foster an inclusive, supportive, and motivating work environment to drive both reliable performance and innovative solutions.
- Oversight/management of all cell culture activities associated with cell line development
- Generation and assessment of stable pools and clonal cell lines via multiple methods
- Identification and characterization of new targets for genetic engineering of CHO host
- Oversight of Beacon platform and associated protocol optimization
- Assessment of new technologies and platforms to support continuous process improvement
- Provide leadership and guidance for CMC activities related to CLD
- Build and maintain relationships with external partners/vendors
- Ensure maintenance of clear and concise protocols and procedures
- Ensure proper data documentation, reporting, and interpretation
- Ph.D., MS +4yrs, or BS +8yrs in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, Biology or a related field.
- Experience in suspension cell culture (preferably CHO cells) and bioreactors
- Experience in clonal cell line generation and assessment
- Experience with modern molecular biology & gene editing techniques
Additional Skills & Preferences:
- Knowledge/understanding of upstream mammalian bioprocessing
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; scientific curiosity and creativity
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, assimilate new techniques, integrate disparate/orthogonal datasets
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Effective oral and written communications skills
- High personal ethical and quality standards
- Ability to work productively in an interdisciplinary team environment
- Experience in DOE and application of QbD principles.
- Experience in microbial fermentation
Direct reports possible: 1-5
Position located in Greenfield, IN
- Up to 10% travel
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status