Corteva Agriscience is seeking a talented and enthusiastic Cell Line Development Biologist to join the Mode of Action, Resistance and Screening Center of Expertise, based at our Indianapolis, Indiana Research and Development facility.
The individual will contribute to our goal of developing sustainable Crop Protection solutions by developing and maintaining mammalian cell lines to validate and characterize different modes of action. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintenance of cell cultures, running bioassays, generating reliable data, and keeping accurate records, as well as interpreting and communicating experimental results. The successful candidate must also be able to work in a team environment, network across scientific disciplines, and be capable of clearly communicating to stakeholders.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Developing the strategy for transient and/or stable cell line generation.
- Performing transfection, selection, and maintenance of stable and transient mammalian cell cultures.
- Developing and conducting functional cell-based assays, including design, validation and interpretation of data.
- Coordinating laboratory resources to maintain an efficient work process.
- Working with team members to develop and improve protocols.
- Data collection, analysis, management, and quality assurance.
- Following laboratory safety practices to ensure a safe work environment
What expertise have you grown? What is required from you?
- B.S. in Molecular and/or Cellular Biology, Microbiology, Biology, or related area.
- 2+ years of relevant laboratory experience.
- Proven track record of successfully generating stable cell lines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills.
- Highly motivated with strong organizational skills and a desire to work in a dynamic laboratory environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint) and ability to analyze and interpret data using various software tools.
- Ability to work independently and drive projects to completion.
- Ability to partner with team members and stakeholders from various backgrounds
Additional Desired Experience(s):
- Handling of multiple cell and tissue culture types.
- Familiarity with various cell expression systems.
- Membrane and membrane-bound protein expression.
- Experience with relevant instrumentation (e.g., plate reader, FLIPR, Flex-Station).
- Molecular biology such as DNA extraction, PCR, cloning, and sequence analysis
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!