Business Unit Overview:
The Category and Shopper Insights team is part of the Global Insights Analytics and Consulting team supporting the sales of Elanco’s products through retail channels of distribution including Pet Specialty Retail, E-Commerce sites, FDM/Mass merchants as well as other specialty or niche retailers. Elanco offers an unparalleled line of pet health solutions to the consumer. The team’s focus is delivering against this key business segment with dedicated resources to achieve short- and long-run business objectives.
The Category Leader Pet Retail is responsible for business and analytical support to the Pet Specialty Key Account Managers (KAM), Customer Marketing and Brand Marketing teams and will have customer facing responsibility as well supporting sales efforts and providing category reviews to the retail customers buying and marketing teams.
Working as a critical part of the commercial team the category leader will analyze data from numerous internal and external sources, develop depth of knowledge about the shopper, the category and the retailer providing reviews on a regular cadence as well as responding to ad hoc requests. The category leader will build data centric selling stories to support Elanco brands. This role will also be central to annual account planning and measurement/tracking of results against KPIs and other metrics.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide analytics support to the Pet Retail E-Commerce team (Sales Director, KAM Customer Marketer) and other accounts as needed.
- Analyze data from multiple internal and external sources including retailer POS data, Elanco sales data and third-party data such as Nielsen, IRI and others.
- As part of the team managing the account, create score cards, dashboards, insight based selling stories and other reports that support the needs of the sales organization and the retailer.
- Lead measurement of ROI in support of the Customer Marketing team to support ongoing resource allocation and marketing mix decisions.
- Work cross functionally with internal analytics groups, marketing research and marketing.
- Deliver accurate and effective presentations to the sales team, project teams and business leaders.
- Regularly meet with retail customer’s category team to provide updates to buyers and marketing managers in conjunction with the KAMs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or Social Science, MBA preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in business analysis or category management, preferably in a CPG/FMCG environment.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States.
- Category management experience
- Previous experience working with syndicated data such as IRI/Nielsen
- Strong problem-solving skills and a high level of curiosity
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, able to influence and work across the Elanco organization and the retailer’s organization.
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong computer skills, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with data visualization software, Tableau
- Up to 20%
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status