Farm Credit Mid-America has a number of programs designed for college students and recent graduates. The intern program allows students to gain valuable experience working with a mentor over the summer. Competitive pay, meaningful work and a strategic intern project provides our interns with many opportunities for professional and personal growth. After completing an internship, students can apply to serve as a College Ambassador representing Farm Credit Mid-America on campus. We also have a strong training program for recent graduates seeking to transition from college into full time employment.
BASIC FUNCTION: Interns work with with the Enterprise Project Management Office to assistant with the business analysis and project management function of Farm Credit Mid America. The Enterprise Project Management Office is branded under the department name, Process Improvement and Execution. Interns’ specific duties include working within task management software (Monday.com) and/or participating in process improvement activities, discovery efforts relating to strategic and departmental projects. Assignments may include creating project dashboards, contributing to business process modeling, redesigning tools and templates and helping FCMA realize project objectives. (Summer interns’ specific duties include all the above, plus presenting the project to FCMA leadership).
- COMPLETE ASSIGNED PROJECT(S): The intern’s project(s) will be designed specifically for meeting FCMA’s needs during the duration of the internernship. Project(s) will be designed to benefit FCMA and the intern alike.
- COMPLETE INTERN DEVELOPMENT GUIDE: The intern will gain FCMA and industry knowledge by completing development activities that will involve them in the business.
- CUSTOMER, COMMUNITY AND TEAM INVOLVEMENT: The intern will demonstrate FCMA values through his/her interaction with potential and current FCMA customers, the community and the office team. He/she will assist the Process Improvement and Execution teams in daily activities as appropriate.
- REPRESENT(S) AND COMMUNICATES THE PURPOSE AND VALUES OF FARM CREDIT MID-AMERICA and complies with its conduct policy, security policy and confidentiality expectations.
- PRESENT PROJECT TO FCMA LEADERSHIP (Summer Interns): At the conclusion of the internship, the intern will present his/her project results to members of Farm Credit Mid-America leadership.
Education and Experience
Minimum Qualifications: Interns will be college students pursuing a bachelor’s degree in business administration, information systems or a related field. Prior coursework in business analysis or project management is preferred. Candidates must be willing to relocate to Louisville, KY.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Key Competencies: integrity, motivational fit, problem solving, customer focus, teamwork, adaptability
Knowledge of: General knowledge of FCMA products, services, FCMA processes, technology, and FCMA policies and procedures.
Skills in: Building business relationships; creating business networks, verbal and written communications, listening, creative problem solving, working well under pressure, taking initiative, time management, maintaining confidentiality.
Ability to: Achieve goals; be innovative; accept and implement corporate strategies; demonstrate the values of FCMA, be a self-starter, sell, be assertive, relate positively to others, listen to customers and team members, be logical, overcome objections, professionally represent FCMA.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This job requires the incumbent to have the ability to…
- Engage in telephone and face-to-face conversation to serve customers and give and receive information from customers, staff, vendors, outside consultants and the public.
- Use a computer and similar office technology and tools. This involves reading the screen and keying/typing information.
- Speak and make presentations to individuals or groups on technical subjects related to job.
- Travel via auto or commercial transportation to carry out essential responsibilities of the job.
- Successfully interact with and represent the organization to customers, staff, officers, board members, vendors, and/or the public at all levels.
- Provide sound technical advice to customers and other staff in the subject field(s) related to this position.
- Understand and explain various subject matter and consulting concepts, programs, terminology, and methods.
- Reason, judge, compare, calculate, evaluate, decide, and critique such information as written material, numerical data, responses to customer needs, and/or other related work activities.
Requirements of the job include the ability to do the work, with or without reasonable accommodations. It is the Association’s policy to make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Leadership retains the right to add, subtract or change duties of the position at any time.
Farm Credit Mid-America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other category protected by law.