Business Relationship Manager (BRM) – Global Customer Solutions (GCS) and Seed
Who are we, and what do we do?
Corteva Agriscience creates the world’s most recognized and premium agricultural solutions to address the greatest challenges in agriculture. With a focus on technology, Corteva Agriscience creates seed and crop protection products that increase productivity and profit for farmers while reducing risks to their business. Every day our digital tools deliver insights our global partners need to thrive now and into the future.
As the world’s first dedicated agriculture start-up, we’re building a culture that stays curious, thinks differently, acts boldly and takes a stand on what’s right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. We know we’ve got big challenges to solve – we hope you’ll be part of the solution. Whether you are in the lab or on the farm, teaching classes or crafting code – we need bold thinkers and fearless doers to bring their best to the job at hand. Every role at Corteva Agriscience includes an opportunity to grow what matters.
Corteva Agriscience is looking for a Business Relationship Manager (BRM) – Global Customer Solutions (GCS) and Seed to join our IT Business Leadership team.
The Business Relationship Manager (BRM) focuses on building a productive relationship between IT and the business unit (region or function). As a strategic partner, they strengthen collaboration and drive a culture of creativity, innovation, and shared ownership across the enterprise. The BRM is a connector, navigator, and orchestrator who ensures IT products, capabilities, and services achieve value-driven business outcomes.
The GCS & Seed BRM will work closely with the BSA Leader, IT Product Owners, and a key set of business partner leaders to understand and optimize business strategy and value. Where needed they will assist our business partners in their ability to articulate needs and outcomes, and then partner with their IT Product Owner peers to drive these outcomes to production. The role will also participate in various global IT and business partner forums to help define the future strategies of our organization.
As a Connector, you will influence productive connections and mobilize projects and programs:
- Defines shared goals and values.
- Stimulate, surface and shape business demand.
- Influence appropriate IT supply.
As a Navigator, you facilitate the realization of Business-IT convergence:
- Brings transparency across the Business-funded IT portfolio.
- Collaborates with IT PO to link business and IT strategy.
- Reports on key Business and IT performance measures.
As an Orchestrator, you conduct the capabilities and drive value from IT services:
- Delivers Business Value Roadmaps.
- Collects and facilitates prioritization of Business high-level demand.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities – How will you help us Grow
How the BRM works?
- Shapes Demand : Stimulates, surfaces, and shapes business demand.
- Explores: Identifies and rationalizes demand.
- Strategize: Enables convergence of Business and IT strategies.
- Harvests Value: Influences for full value realization.
What are the BRM’s skills and behaviors?
- Strategic Partnering: Building credibility and partnerships.
- Business IQ: Growing knowledge and understanding of the business partner.
- Portfolio Management: Brings transparency and a value-driven focus for products, services, interactions, and capabilities.
- Provider Domain: Optimization of service management.
- Powerful Communications: Conveying intention for mutual understanding of risk and reward.
- Business Transition Management: Managing process improvements and enabling new business capabilities.
What are the BRM ‘s responsibilities?
- Define business needs and priorities to inform the strategy for delivering systems capabilities within the business organization.
- Stimulate, surface, and shape IT demand from business-partner stakeholders, and identify, prioritize, and rationalize demand for business-partner alignment.
- Identify and translate business needs into strategic roadmaps and executable portfolios activities.
- Develops and socializes realistic Business value roadmaps.
- Elaborate business cases and define the realization of business value.
- Ensure that solutions and services deliver expected business value.
- Partner in technology leadership.
- Understand the processes, plans, objectives, drivers, and issues related to the business area together with appropriate external policies and regulations.
- Translate business needs into effective and improved processes.
- Contribute the systems aspects of business strategy development, bringing business opportunities through technology and business knowledge.
- Keep abreast of technology trends and applicability to business partners.
- Proactively advise on technology options and innovation for the business area function.
- Facilitates Business strategic planning efforts that align to business-capability enablement or improvement.
- Expand adoption of existing technology, where appropriate, to leverage enterprise solutions that meet or exceed business-partner demands.
- Co-own the business processes in collaboration with business partners, and mature the business process models using industry standards to identify changes: political, economic, social, technological, legal, and environmental.
- Plays the role of representing the business-area (i.e., subject matter expertise) to IT, when required.
- Lead and secure adoption of continuous improvement efforts to transform business capabilities for fitness-for-purpose and fitness-for-use.
- Confirm Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with the business and ensure that agreed services are being delivered to requirements; analyze and monitor the SLA impact of service changes.
- Monitor business compliments and complaints to enable continuous improvement.
- Participate in industry peer groups to understand industry trends.
Background and Experience – What you’ll bring to the table.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 8+ years of professional experience interacting with business leaders.
- 3-5 years experience in business consulting and\or playing a relationship management role on behalf of IT.
- Creating a level of mutual respect, the ability to build relationships/partnerships with high level business leaders.
- Ability to lead without authority. To influence strategic business leaders throughout the global organization.
- Advanced Microsoft Office 365 skills, with an ability to become familiar with Corteva-specific programs and software.
- Proficiency in collaboration and delegation of duties.
- Possess a high degree of initiative to take independent action and be able to exercise proper judgement at all times.
- Self-motivated and able to work with little or no supervision.
- Detail oriented, and able to consistently produce high quality, accurate work and results.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure and strict time constraints.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Decision-making ability.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- 3-5 years doing value chain or capability to technology roadmaps.
- Experience in developing large scale funding and business case creation.
- Experience with SAFe and Product Management at Scale strategies
Take the next step to #GrowWhatMatters in your career with Corteva and apply today. We look forward to seeing your application.