Who are we, and what do we do?
Corteva Agriscience creates the world’s most recognized and premium agricultural solutions to address the greatest challenges in agriculture. With a focus on technology, Corteva Agriscience creates seed and crop protection products that increase productivity and profit for farmers while reducing risks to their business. Every day our digital tools deliver insights our global partners need to thrive now and into the future.
As the world’s first dedicated agriculture start-up, we’re building a culture that stays curious, thinks differently, acts boldly and takes a stand on what’s right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. We know we’ve got big challenges to solve – we hope you’ll be part of the solution. Whether you are in the lab or on the farm, teaching classes or crafting code – we need bold thinkers and fearless doers to bring their best to the job at hand. Every role at Corteva Agriscience includes an opportunity to grow what matters.
Corteva Agriscience is looking for an innovative and energetic Business Process Expert Lead (BPEL) for our Legal Operations product family.
The Business Process Expert Lead (BPEL) leads and influences business process modelling best practices and outcomes which ensure product roadmaps maximize business value. The BPEL partners closely with our internal Legal organization and SaaS providers to guide the creation of business capabilities to meet and exceed business needs using IT and industry standards-based approaches. The BPEL would have a mastery skill level with an emphasis on Technology Leadership. Successful BPELs must have the appetite and ability to lead others, managerial courage, and foster grow to win.
What are a BPEL’s skills and behaviors?
Strategic Enablement: Leverage technical leadership to enable Legal strategy through collaborating on product roadmaps through discovery and innovation of IT solutions. Ability to work closely with third party legal software vendors.
Business IQ: Growing knowledge and understanding of our Legal business partners and how they fit within Corteva overall. Passion for user-centered design, results driven by insights and analytics and a focus on investment return.
Technology IQ: Growing knowledge and understanding of leading and emerging legal operations technologies. Participate in industry peer groups to understand industry trends.
Organizational Agility: Views ambiguity as opportunity to define and drive business evolution and value; effortlessly structures large amounts of complex information within a process framework. Doesn’t overthink; can identify analysis paralysis and over-engineering in self and others.
Communication IQ: Comfortable flexing communication styles to facilitate consensus, engages others at all levels with perspective thinking, knows negative triggers, fully self-aware, excels at presenting ideas and solutions.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities – How you will help Corteva Grow!
- Partner with the team, business, and IT stakeholders to govern development and execution of multi-year and annual Legal strategies.
- Partner with delivery vendors to communicate technical requirements, define deliverables, and oversee execution.
- Formally or informally, lead other Business Process Experts toward solid performance and growth within their profession; ensures development planning and career path planning.
- Ensure proactive collaboration across the BPE community and with all IT stakeholders to ensure best practices while evolving group learning opportunities.
- Regularly review business process outputs to drive ideation of new people, process, and technology enhancements.
- Facilitates defining and aligning Strategic Capability Roadmap, Technology Roadmap and Product Roadmaps in collaboration with Business.
- Relationship Manager, IT Product Owner, Engineering, and business Product Owners.
- Regularly reviews Product Roadmap outputs to ensure quality and a focus on business and IT value.
- As needed, documents and monitors business processes to assess current state. Identify standardization and simplification opportunities and emerging requirements for improving business processes.
- As needed, translates business needs into specific business requirements. Collaborate with Solution Architects or third-party vendors to translate business requirements into functional / technical requirements.
- Drives implementation, alignment, and execution of business processes to ensure maximum benefit is derived.
- Identifies complex problems and ensures resolution through the appropriate channels.
- Participates in the design, testing, and implementation of system upgrades.
- Participates in root cause analysis of problems, and appropriately communicates to ensure corrective actions are implemented.
- Drives business process improvements and the innovative use of integrated systems.
Skills and Experience – What you will bring to the table!
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Business Analyst or Business Process Expert in a corporate environment.
- Advanced Microsoft Office 365 skills, with an ability to become familiar with Corteva-specific programs and software.
- Proficiency in collaboration and delegation of duties.
- Possess a high degree of initiative to take independent action and be able to always exercise proper judgement.
- Self-motivated and able to work with little or no supervision.
- Detail oriented, and able to consistently produce high quality, accurate work and results.
- Ability to get results working in a matrixed organization.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills and using innovation to find solutions.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure and strict time constraints.
- Decision-making ability.
- Partner effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent teamwork, communication (oral and written) and collaboration skills.
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Legal acumen.
- Technology experience with Contract Life Cycle Management, Entity Management, IP Matter Management, and other legal applications.
- Experience leading RFP requirements development, RFP launches, scoring and vendor selection.
Benefits – How We’ll Support You:
- Numerous development opportunities offered to build your skills
- Be part of a company with a higher purpose and contribute to making the world a better place
- Health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- Four weeks of paid time off and two weeks of well-being pay per year, plus paid holidays
- Excellent parental leave which includes a minimum of 16 weeks for mother and father
- Future planning with our competitive retirement savings plan and tuition reimbursement program
- Learn more about our total rewards package here – Corteva Benefits
- Check out life at Corteva! www.linkedin.com/company/corteva/life
Are you a good match? Apply today! We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team.
Corteva Agriscience™ is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to boldly embracing the power of inclusion, diversity, and equity to enrich the lives of our employees and strengthen the performance of our company, while advancing equity in agriculture. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. Discrimination, harassment and retaliation are inconsistent with our values and will not be tolerated. If you require a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit:
To all recruitment agencies: Corteva does not accept unsolicited third party resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.