The Brand Manager will own the development of and operational support for the marketing plans of specific brands as assigned to achieve messaging and sales objectives. This individual will also support brands within the broader dermatology category as needed.
The Brand Manager will manage a variety of products in differing categories and will interact with key suppliers, including agencies and sit on multiple internal and external cross functional teams.
Drive, Develop and Execute product marketing & advertising strategies for assigned brands
- Drives the creation development of marketing strategy and tactics for assigned brands
- Utilize knowledge of customer needs and the marketplace to inform the development of line-extensions and other developments within assigned categories
- Work cross functionally to ensure programs and projects drive achievement of Sales Targets in line with specific objectives as identified in the annual brand and category plans as relevant
- Lead programs and projects to meet marketing objectives for assigned brands. Responsible for deliverables and execution of such programs.
Develops and maintains business relationships with key internal and external business partners
- Builds positive relationships with relevant internal (e.g. sales, shopper marketing, legal, regulatory) and external customers (including but not limited to advertising agencies, key vendors, industry organizations/groups)
Expenditure, Production & Sales Forecasting
- Manages expenditure budgets for marketing activities (A&P) in the country affiliate.
- Partners with Business Unit, Technical Operations, Regulatory and Customer Services to ensure sufficient stocks available to meet Sales Targets, at the same time meeting Inventory objectives.
- Analyze market and customer sales data to develop a strong understanding of brand trends, the competition to influence brand plans and commercial planning forecasts.
- Bachelor’s degree, Marketing/Business preferred
- 5+ years of experience in Marketing and product management
- Positive attitude and fit with Elanco cultural pillars
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively with teams and various functional areas such as research, development, marketing services, finance, customer service, and business development.
- A results driven team player able to work in and with a proactive team with a high degree of customer focus
- Excellent organizational and implementation skills
- Strong Communication skills: verbal, written and interpersonal
- Ability to influence and deliver results through others
- Personal accountability and strong drive for execution
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco Animal Health does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this position.
- Prior P&L responsibility strongly preferred
- Animal health experience and/or experience marketing regulated (FDA, USDA, EPA) products strongly preferred
- The ideal candidate will have both veterinary and retail sales channel experience utilizing the full range of messaging methods/channels for both regulated and lower regulatory discretion products
- Must be able to accommodate EST work hours
- Location: primary locations for this position is Kansas City or Greenfield, IN at the Elanco Global Headquarters
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status