Elanco is a global animal health company that develops products and knowledge services to prevent and treat disease in food animals and pets in more than 90 countries. With a 64-year heritage, we rigorously innovate to improve the health of animals and benefit our customers, while fostering an inclusive, cause-driven culture for more than 5,800 employees. At Elanco, we’re driven by our vision of food and companionship enriching life – all to advance the health of animals, people and the planet. Learn more at www.elanco.com.
At Elanco, Marketing plays a vital role in driving our growth and helping us realize our mission to enrich our customers’ lives through food and companionship. Our marketers are passionate about what we do every day to build our portfolio of brands. As a team, Marketing is obsessed and generous with insights from the marketplace, and we embrace our role as the bridge between our customers, our stakeholders and our products. We focus on delivering competitive, smart strategies and execution that will enable Elanco to succeed.
This position is responsible for leading and developing marketing strategy for the US Anti-Infective and Implant Cattle portfolio. This role will work collaboratively within the US Ruminant marketing team and global marketing teams as needed.
- Business Ownership
- Develops marketing strategy and customer objectives from the brand plan.
- Manages budgets and creates forecast—participates in S&OP process.
- Acts in accordance with marketing compliance and plays an active role in knowledge transfer to commercial teams
- Strategy Development & Execution
- Leads and executes strategies/brand plans—Works to execute local portfolio strategy (with Sales), and creates and delivers pricing, profitability and promotional guidance
- Metrics/Measurement—Tracks KPIs and metrics and connects with CBT to provide shared learnings, feedback, and questions
- Brand Development
- Ensures brand plans/positioning and playbooks are executed accurately with the US Beef & Dairy markets
- Insights and Analytics
- Gathers and funnels data and insights from customer interactions, local database, competitive information
- Participates in/facilitates relevant local research being conducted
- Launch preparation –supports planning, development and execution of marketing launch plans within US portfolio
- Supports US commercial evaluation and prioritization of new R&D and BD&L projects in conjunction with cross functional partners
- Marketing Execution
- Marketing Campaign execution—Executes brand implementation plan, Marketing Mix decisions, media planning and agency management
- Works with other stakeholders—Understands and seeks to influence guidelines, regulations or access issues, influences sales cycle processes and Sales force alignment and education, executes local KOL program and launch programs.
- Management and oversight of product agreements and programs for customers
- Brand Performance Tracking
- In collaboration with Customer Insights and Analytics establishes brand/category dashboards by identifying and tracking brand health and performance KPI deduced from primary and secondary research
- Develops intra-company relationships—strong link to international brand team and US commercial management and Species Lead
- Leadership—possesses the ability to inspire and align the organization, strong communication skills and executive presence
- Respects and leverages diversity
- Bachelor’s degree required, Marketing/Business/Agribusiness focus preferred
- 3-5+ years of experience in Sales or Marketing, preferably in animal health or agriculture related field
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco Animal Health does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- Dairy and Beef industry knowledge and experience
- Demonstrated ability in communication, conflict resolution, judgment and managing complexity
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects and project management tools
- Greenfield or Field Based / Hybrid acceptable
- 25% Travel
- Reports to: Sr. Director, US Beef and Dairy Marketing
- Zero Direct Reports
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status