Grow what’s next. Grow your future. Corteva Agriscience is seeking highly motivated students for opportunities within our Biotechnology organization in Johnston, Iowa. The qualified candidates are expected to effectively contribute to ongoing data solutions and responsibilities focused on advancing our biotech trait pipeline and driving related sustainability initiatives. This includes developing Microsoft Power Apps with Microsoft Power Platform – Power BI, Power Aps, and Power Automate to develop technical solutions that deliver efficiency in our Biotechnology Operations. Candidates will work closely with Biotechnology Operations professionals in office settings spanning two major capabilities:
Capital Planning: Projects in this area include developing Microsoft Power Aps to feed critical information into our Resource Planning systems, including: Run & Maintain and Grow & Improve over and under $500K capital planning tracking through execution, simulation modeling, and reporting from all aggregated data to allow the business to make well informed decisions in this critical space.
Resource Planning: Projects in this area include developing Microsoft Power Aps to feed critical information into our Resource Planning systems, including: employee time tracking to scientific projects, resource capacity modeling and tracking, as well as reporting from all aggregated data to allow the business to make well informed decisions in this critical space.
In addition to acquiring Business Data & Analytics industry research experience, qualified candidates will have the opportunity to network across the company. Essential skills to this internship are interpersonal, organizational, communication, teamwork, and time management skills.
Responsibilities – What You’ll Do:
- Follow the direction of supervisor(s) to assist with requirement collection for Microsoft Power Aps supporting Biotechnology Capital and Resource Planning
- Follow company safety policies, protocols, and procedures, and ensure a safe working environment for self and team members
- Provide technical support and development of Microsoft Power Ap solutions with a respectful, collaborative, and positive team spirit
- Provide summaries and reports to supervisor(s), and present results in company or outside meetings when necessary
Qualifications – What You’ll Bring:
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s, master’s, or doctorate program with a minimum of 3.0 GPA in any of the following disciplines: Business, Business Administration, Information Systems, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, Finance, Economics, Engineering, Biostatistics, Data Science, Computer Science, or other closely related fields
- Enrolled in classes for the semester following the internship
- Completed at least one year of studies before the start of the internship
- Able to relocate to Johnston, IA for the duration of the internship
- Available to work full-time (40 hours per week) for 6 months between May and December
- Creative thinking and ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Ability to maintain complete, accurate, and timely records of data and procedures
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Knowledge and experience in data and reporting, including proficiency in either Microsoft Power BI or Tableau
- Experience with some or all of the Microsoft Power Platform technologies – Power BI, Power Apps, Power Pages, Power Automate, Power Virtual Agents
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software, and experience in databases and/or other software systems is a plus
Corteva Agriscience™ is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to boldly embracing the power of inclusion, diversity, and equity to enrich the lives of our employees and strengthen the performance of our company, while advancing equity in agriculture. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. Discrimination, harassment and retaliation are inconsistent with our values and will not be tolerated. If you require a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit:
To all recruitment agencies: Corteva does not accept unsolicited third party resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.