Corteva Agriscience™ has an exciting opportunity for a Biologicals Formulation Team Lead to join our growing Biologicals team. The Biological Formulation Team Leader will be responsible for leading the team that creates and develops novel formulations, production processes and delivery systems for new and existing Corteva active ingredients in our Biological Business. The types of actives we work with include microbes, nucleotides, virus, proteins, enzymes, extracts and naturally sourced molecules. The individual will collaborate with other functions in Corteva R&D to drive the strategy and execution practices explore, test in proof of concept, and reduce to practice novel delivery concepts, and advance successful technologies and product concepts through stage-gate pipeline to business case and commercialization. The individual will also provide SME (subject matter expertise) and support necessary in technology transfer, product registration, and process scale up for these concepts. This individual should be skilled in the conception and development of formulations from the agricultural, pharmaceutical, food science, animal health, personal care or related industries.
What You Will Do:
- Lead a team of scientists in the exploration, proof of concept, and development of novel formulations, supporting production processes, delivery system technologies and concepts for new and registered active ingredients.
- Ability to teach and train scientists in the field of formulation science with hands on experience and examples.
- Collaboration with other functions across the company to deliver maximum success, such as analytical R&D, process development, application technology, biology, agronomy, regulatory, operations and commercial teams.
- Collaboration with external companies or universities to evaluate novel and promising technologies for Ag applications.
- Work within a global leadership team to drive strategy supporting biological product development and people development.
- Staying abreast of new discoveries and technologies in formulation and delivery system technologies
- Intellectual property (IP) capture and research report writing and presentation.
- Compliance with laboratory safety procedures
Other Responsibilities Include:
· Develop the technical and leadership capabilities of their teams’ scientists in order to launch products successfully and to provide timely an d knowledgeable product support consistent with future business needs.
· Support the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of the organizational design for their area alongside other members of the leadership team.
· Communicate prioritization needs, project progress and challenges to key stakeholders.
· Identify and execute opportunities for innovation and continuous improvement with equipment and work processes.
· Consistently applies sound scientific methods to solve technical problems.
· Develops understanding of customer needs through discussion with sales and marketing groups and works towards meeting the needs.
· Develops an understanding of competitors and key competitive technologies. Uses knowledge of the strengths and weaknesses of competitive products to identify opportunities for competitive product positioning.
· Support project execution and project leadership as required.
What Skills You Need:
- PhD in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science, Biology, Food Science, Microbiology, Plant Pathology, or related fields OR MS with 10 years of relevant experience.
- People leadership experience and demonstrated passion for people development.
- Demonstrated competence in the area of formulation technology or formulation engineering with a proven track record of product development as a subject matter expert.
- 7+ years working with biological actives and leading the development of biological products on a global scale within a relevant industry, preferably agriculture.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to successfully partner with team members and stakeholders (sales, marketing, R&D, regulatory, product stewards, etc.) from multiple backgrounds.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to persuade/influence others of the value of Corteva technology. Ability to clearly articulate the value of technology when talking with customers.
- Working knowledge of formulation design & development and product registration process.
- Prior experience in Research and Development.
- Prior experience in manufacturing/engineering.
- Experience working in a global leadership team.
- Experience working with fermentation and recovery technology for biological actives.
- Experience working with HTP technology and digital tools.
- Computer programming and automation experience.
- Advanced statistical analysis capabilities.
Benefits – How We’ll Support You:
- Numerous development opportunities offered to build your skills
- Be part of a company with a higher purpose and contribute to making the world a better place
- Health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- Four weeks of paid time off and two weeks of well-being pay per year, plus paid holidays
- Excellent parental leave which includes a minimum of 16 weeks for mother and father
- Future planning with our competitive retirement savings plan and tuition reimbursement program
- Learn more about our total rewards package here – Corteva Benefits
- Check out life at Corteva! www.linkedin.com/company/corteva/life
Are you a good match? Apply today! We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team.