Indiana Packers Corporation (IPC) is a fully integrated retail, foodservice and private label producer of fresh and processed meats based in Delphi, Indiana. Since the start of operations in 1991, we have experienced rapid growth from a single pork processing company into a multi-plant diversified producer of fresh and processed meats, with locations throughout America’s Heartland and revenues of approximately $1.5B. We are best known for our national brand Kentucky Legend (the best-selling boneless ham brand in the United States) as well as several well-known regional brands, including Indiana Kitchen, Fischer’s, Field, Mickelberry’s, Kentuckian Gold, and Scott Pete. We now have processing facilities in Frankfort, Indiana; Holland, Michigan; and Owensboro, Kentucky.
We value diversity, innovation, collaboration and those passionate about their jobs. We support our associates by offering a total rewards package, including competitive pay, three different medical care plans (two with company-funded health savings accounts), pharmacy, dental, and vision plans, a retirement/401K (with 50% match on team members’ contributions), a competitive paid time off program, educational assistance, and numerous advancement opportunities. With more than 3,100 team members located across 14 different states, we are a big company with a small company culture.
The benefits specialist is responsible for assisting with the administration of all benefits and retirement programs, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-and long-term disability, and 401(k) plan.
- Ensures the accuracy of all benefits enrollments in the HRIS to provide vendors with accurate eligibility information.
- Assists with new-hire orientations.
- Performs quality checks of benefits-related data.
- Assists employees regarding benefits claim issues and plan changes.
- Distributes all benefits enrollment materials and determines eligibility.
- Enrolls employees with carriers and process life status changes.
- Responds to benefits inquiries from managers and employees on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries.
- Processes and administers all leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability and FMLA.
- Effectively interprets FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absences/disabilities.
- Responds to 401(k) inquiries from managers and employees relating to enrollments, plan changes and contribution amounts. Manages the annual catch-up contribution enrollment.
- Assists with the open enrollment process.
- Provides necessary reports for allocation/billing charges.
- Ability to work in a professional manner, exhibit a high level of confidentiality and integrity while handling sensitive matters
- Multi-Lingual Oral and written translation for team members and materials (Strongly Preferred)
- Work with supervisors in obtaining forms or other needed information
- Maintaining employee files, historical and current benefit records
- Perform other tasks or duties as required or needed
- Associates degree in HR or related field preferred OR 2+ years benefits administration/HR Generalist experience may be substituted for the education.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in HR and/or benefits administration.
- Bilingual with ability to translate in written and oral form is required
- Ability to be flexible with work hours; including overtime and weekends
- Ability to work with team members of all levels
- Excellent attention to detail with accuracy
- Excellent written, listening and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
How To Apply (Internal Only)
- Internal applicants complete and sign the Bid Job Form in Human Resources by 4:00 pm on September 17, 2021.
- A Resume should be submitted at the time of competing the Bid Job Form.
- Qualified applicants will be interviewed based on the information obtained on the Bid Job Forms/Resumes and their match to qualifications listed for this position.
- IPC Employment History (Attendance, Corrective Action, and Performance) will be considered.
Position Type/ Expected Hours of Work
This is a Full-Time position. Overtime and occasional weekend work may be required as job duties demand.