At Farm Credit Mid-America, we believe people are our strongest asset. We are consistently looking to hire individuals from a wide range of experience and skills who have a desire to serve. Currently, we have over 1,500 employees across Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky and Tennessee.
Here is what our company offers:
- Competitive Salary
- 15 Vacation days, 15 Sick days, 11 Holidays
- Award winning 401(k) with outstanding employer match
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-term, Long-term, Life and other insurances
- Fitness incentive
- Tuition Assistance for employees and dependents
POSITION SUMMARY: The Associate Vice President (AVP)/Vice President (VP) Food and Agribusiness is primarily responsible for business development with clients, financial partners and industry contacts, maintaining customer relationships, loan structuring and ongoing maintenance of complex, corporate clients engaged in food manufacturing/processing.
This position can be based out of any of the four states: KY, TN, OH or IN.
SALES and RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT: The AVP/VP Food and Agribusiness coordinates with internal and external resources to identify new customers, provides high quality customer service, and shares appropriate industry-focused information to help the association and its customers achieve desired results. The AVP/VP of Food and Agribusiness meets annual sales goals and grows customer confidence by:
* Developing and maintaining a significant professional presence by focusing time on visits with influencers and current or prospective customers.
* Building a mutually trusting and respectful relationship with customers that reflects expertise and value by understanding their goals, credit strengths and weaknesses, and deliver constructive industry and financial information that will assist them in their business.
* Developing an in-depth understanding of customers or prospects in order to translate needs into innovative, customer-centric products and services that achieve the customer’s goals. Clients and prospects are generally engaged in the processing/manufacturing of protein, dairy, grain/agronomy and fruits, nuts and vegatables, and timber and forest products.
* Developing and maintaining relationships with institutions that lead deals for commercial banking clients and prospects.
* Focusing on profitability and growth of the total customer relationship.
* Executing a comprehensive calling plan designed to increase the Association’s market share for assigned industry by anticipating customer needs.
* Marketing credit and related services directly to customers in identified territory or industry.
* Originating, structuring, making credit recommendations for and closing on corporate accounts.
* Maintaining a high level of presence and contact with prospective customers, influencers, and decision-makers by attending industry-specific events, conferences, meetings, clubs, peer-groups, and other venues where the AVP/VP will be recognized and building relationships.
* Meeting marketing and servicing goals, as well as quality and customer experience standards.
* Serving as a role model and support for other team members on the Food and Agribusiness team and in the association, AVP/VP will be the “face of the industry” for Farm Credit Mid-America.
* Helping provide company, state and national level leadership complementary to Farm Credit Mid-America, strategic objectives and purpose and values in marketing, thought-leadership and political influence.
DELIVER SOUND CREDIT: As part of the ongoing consultative relationship with our customers, the AVP/VP Food and Agribusiness will, in concert with the Food and Agribusiness Credit Officer, work to deliver sound credit applicants and decisions in alignment with the Association’s desired goals and risk profile by:
* Performing comprehensive due diligence on prospects by asking in-depth and detailed questions, in order to get a firm understanding of the customers position and needs.
* Analyzing, interpreting and evaluating complex financial information to make credit recommendations and provide credit packages and services, to meet and exceed the needs and expectations of the customer.
* Approving loans within delegated authority and working with the Credit Officers to make quality credit decisions consistent with the request and associated loan risks.
* Coordinating, communicating and driving implementation of consistent interpretation of Association and division credit philosophy.
* Setting clear expectations with the customer.
SERVICE PORTFOLIO: To minimize association risk and losses, the AVP/VP Food and Agribusiness will, in concert with Credit Officer, monitor his or her assigned agribusiness portfolio and:
* Identify and service loans that expose the association to risk.
* Monitor loan performance after the closing of the loan. Using his/her knowledge of servicing options, the AVP/VP Food and Agribusiness will effectively negotiate and communicate these options to the customer.
* Communicate corrective action to identified covenant and policy violations.
REPRESENT AND COMMUNICATE THE PURPOSE AND VALUES OF FARM CREDIT MID-AMERICA and abide by its conduct policy, security policy and confidentiality expectations.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in business, agriculture or related field and at least three years of progressively responsible agricultural credit sales and analysis.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
* Laws, regulations, principles, policies and procedures regarding pricing and financing mid-sized/large and complex corporate accounts.
* Selling techniques.
* Critical economic, agricultural and political issues affecting the lending function.
* Strong passion, experience and knowledge of the food processing/manufacturing industry.
* Negotiating and influencing
* Understanding complex financial structures, and how to sell those structures to customers and the marketplace.
* Understanding, implementing and utilizing the sales process to grow a portfolio.
* Finance and credit, with proven abilities in assessing risk and rewards in a competitive retail lending environment.
* Verbal communication, public speaking and written communication; selling techniques, handling objections; and public presentations.
* Decision making and a willingness to support and take responsibility for those decisions.
* Planning and organizing; tact and diplomacy.
* Work effectively in a team environment and effectively demonstrate team building attitude and skills;
* Bring solutions to customer by matching products and services to customers’ needs;
* Translate features into benefits;
* Use business applications of computers;
* Analyze and develop solutions to complex problems;
* Achieve goals through motivating self and others;
* Be innovative;
* Accept and implement corporate strategies;
* Demonstrate the values of the organization;
* Be assertive;
* Relate positively to others;
* Listen to customers;
* Use business technology to make effective decisions;
* Exercise judgment;
* Analyze and evaluate complex information;
* Be logical and objective;
* Make a decision;
* Communicate calmly in potentially stressful situations regarding customers and prospective customers;
* Control situations;
* Schedule and mange time effectively;
* Accept risk;
* Inspire others;
* Professionally represent the organization.
Extensive contact with Food and Agribusiness team members, Executive leadership and other Association staff. Meet with applicants, influencers, banks, Farm Credit Associations, Farm Credit Banks, and agents as needed in conjunction with prospecting and loan servicing activities. Work with Farm Credit Administration, Farm Credit Council, outside legal counsel as well as CPAs, accountants, and CFOs. Meet with customers, applicants and influencers as needed in conjunction with prospecting and loan servicing activities.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This job requires the incumbent to have the ability to…
* Speak and make presentations to individuals or groups on technical subjects related to job.
* Successfully interact with and represent the organization to staff, officers, board members, customers, vendors, and/or the public at all levels.
* Provide sound technical advice to leaders and other staff in the subject field(s) related to this position.
* Reason, judge, compare, calculate, evaluate and critique such information as written materials, numerical data, responses to customer needs and/or other work related activities.
* Complete work in an acceptable timeframe and manage a variety of detailed tasks and responsibilities simultaneously and with accuracy to meet deadlines, goals, and objectives and satisfy internal and external customer needs related to the job.
* Operate telephone and respond to calls and in-person inquiries.
* Move about the office with occasional reaching and bending.
* Successfully interact with and represent the organization to staff, officers, board members, customers, and the public at all levels.
* Use computer. This involves reading the screen and keying/typing information. Proficient in Windows environment using Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Internet Explorer and ability to use and understand various computer software programs related to carrying out essential responsibilities of the position.
* Proficient use of Relationship and other applicable computer systems and software applications as required.
* Travel by auto or commercial transportation to carry out essential responsibilities (50-70% overnight travel).
* Work effectively in a team environment and effectively demonstrate team building attitude and skills.
* Understand and explain various subject matters and consult on concepts, programs, terminology and methods
Requirements of the job include the ability to do the work, with or without reasonable accommodations. It is the Association’s policy to make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Leadership retains the right to add, subtract or change duties of the position at any time. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than “at will” employment relationship.
Farm Credit Mid-America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other category protected by law.