Inari is the SEEDesign™ company. We embrace the diversity and complexity of nature in every aspect of our business to drive innovation – to push the boundaries of what is possible. Through our unrivaled technology platform, Inari uses predictive design and advanced multiplex gene editing to develop step-change products. We are taking a nature positive approach to unlock the full potential of seed that will transform the food system. The results will lead to more productive acres delivering value creation for farmers and a more sustainable future for our planet.
Our success is dependent on great minds, collaborating to generate bright ideas and deliver exceptional outcomes.
We have over 230 employees, with research sites in Cambridge, MA (USA) and Ghent (Belgium), as well as a product development site in West Lafayette, IN (USA). We’ve deliberately built a team that brings diversity of thought to all aspects of our business, to generate new ideas, approaches, and ways of operating. And we’ve intentionally combined experience with potential, bringing agriculture industry experts with the desire to innovate together with bright minds from academia, human therapeutics, software, and consulting. If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world while protecting our planet’s natural resources, we’d love to hear from you!
ABOUT THE ROLE…
We are looking for a dynamic and self-motivated Plant Transformation Automation and Process Improvement Intern to join our fast-growing and collaborative Product Development team. This position would work on automating and improving plant transformation and tissue culture processes. This hands-on, lab-based role requires the ability to concentrate, pay attention to details, work efficiently, troubleshoot, and work independently and in a team environment. The right candidate will be well-organized, flexible, and able to deliver high-quality results on time. This position is at our West Lafayette, IN, site.
AS A PLANT TRANSFORMATION AUTOMATION AND PROCESS IMPROVEMENT INTERN, YOU WILL…
- Work with Scientists and research associates to explore and implement automation solutions in a lab-based environment
- Explore current plant transformation processes and provide engineering solutions that bring efficiency gains and process standardization in a lab-based environment
- Work with scientists and research associates across multiple departments to implement solutions
- Maintain a clean working environment for plant tissue culture experiments
- Maintain detailed and organized records of work, project data, and other information as needed.
- Degree focus in Industrial Engineering and preferably a rising senior or graduate student
- Understanding of automation hardware (robotics, sensors, cameras, etc.)
- Knowledge of hardware and software integrations
- Understanding of data collection, processing, and storage solutions
- Energy, self-motivation, ownership, and focused execution
- Curiosity and desire to continuously learn and have a meaningful impact
- A collaborative approach, open to giving and receiving ideas, perspectives, and feedback
- An effective communicator with a diverse range of individuals and audiences
- Show initiative, have good judgment, and be willing to take on additional tasks/ and responsibilities as needed to achieve goals and deliverables
- Positive attitude and good interpersonal skills
- Flexibility, adaptability, and ability to challenge the status quo in a constructive manner
- Excellent planning, organization, and execution skills
- Strong understanding of Plants and Biological systems
- Experience with aseptic techniques in laminar flow and bio-containment hoods