Who are we, and what do we do?
Corteva Agriscience is the only major agriscience company in the world completely dedicated to agriculture. Our purpose is to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generation to come. Our inspiration is to be a market shaper, driving the next generation of agriculture products that help farms and farmers flourish and through partnering with society becoming the most trusted partner in the global agriculture and food community.
With a global footprint and over 20,000 employees, Corteva Agrisciene is building the future of agriculture and leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
Corteva Agriscience Finance team is searching for an IT Auditor. The IT Auditor position provides the ability to participate in audits, lead team members, and work with best practices related to SAP audits, Cyber Audits, and Privacy Regulation. This position provides career growth through interaction with Finance and IT professionals within the company. The IT Auditor will be part of the Finance and Audit organization reporting to the IT Audit Manager.
The IT Auditor:
- Participates in the audit process of information technology. The auditor should be able to effectively document narratives, control tests, and control testing performed. The auditor should be able to Identify exceptions to processes and raise those in concern to Senior Auditors/Managers.
- Participates and coordinates with auditors within Corteva. They are able to communicate effectively and coordinate with international teams and members.
- Should be knowledgeable about how to contact and communicate with Business and IT professionals. The auditor should be efficient in setting up and/or coordinating meetings to discuss effectively controls and/or processes.
- Should be knowledgeable on how to research and find information regarding best practices in audit.
- Can create effective workpapers and document their understanding and test procedures.
- Can make a valid audit test, document issues, and communicate the root cause and reasons for the control failures. The auditor may need help and guidance on how to enhance documentation.
- Should be able to complete tasks timely and communicate status and results
This role can be based in either Johnston, Iowa / Indianapolis, IN / Wilmington, DE and/or possibly a more virtual setting and may require some travel.
Representative Activities – Here’s How You’ll Contribute
- Ability to become knowledgeable about assigned audits.
- Research for resources to understanding of information, knowledge of processes and systems being audited.
- Able to articulate current practices and recommendations
- Identify and leverage auditing tools to help assist in assigned activities.
- Obtain auditing credentials and/or certifications.
- Perform a self-review of work performed.
- Identify and update test plans and procedures for assigned audits.
- Document and translate current processes into workpapers
Requirements – What you’ll bring to the table
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a closely related field; Master’s degree a plus.
- 1-3 years of demonstrated experience in audit, accounting, finance, supply chain, or operations.
- CPA / CIA or other professional certification preferred.
- Internal or external audit experience preferred.
- Prior experience auditing using data analytics and proficiency in analyzing structured and unstructured data preferred.
- Understanding of internal control concepts and experience in applying them to plan, perform, manage and report on the evaluation of various business processes/areas/functions.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team environment and to work independently with limited guidance.
- Ability to provide appropriate direction to other internal audit project team members as needed; managing multiple projects at the same time.
- Experience with data analytics tools.
- Ability to recognize and communicate control weaknesses.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including ability to communicate sensitive issues diplomatically and to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledgeable in SAP (FI, MM, BW etc.), Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; SAP Central Finance (CFIN) proficiency, a plus.
- Up to 10% travel (US and International, as necessary)
We care about you and we care that you’re comfortable. While there’s no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Let’s peek at just a few of the advantages to working at Corteva and how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future.
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment.
- And much, much more.
Take the next step to #GrowWhatMatters in your career with Corteva and apply today. We look forward to seeing your application.