Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and the planet? Search our job listings below.
Corporate Audit Services (CAS) is an independent and objective audit and consulting function within Elanco. Its mission is to assist the company in achieving its objectives by implementing a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the organization’s risk management, control, and governance processes.
The auditor works with 2-5 person audit teams on domestic and global audits designed to test compliance with good internal control practices, external regulations, and corporate policies and procedures, in alignment with Institute of Internal Audit standards. Responsibilities include identifying and assessing risks, scoping engagements, testing policy compliance, automating test procedures, influencing action plans, partnering with affiliate management and audit team members to complete and improve audit processes, and sharing of best practices and key learning across the organization.
Audits may be integrated or targeted in nature, and may cover financial controls, privacy, information technology controls, anti-bribery/anti-corruption controls, promotional practices, information security, and governance. The emphasis of this position is on financial controls, anti-bribery/anti-corruption controls, and governance. The auditor may assist legal in conducting investigations and assessments.
In addition to affiliate, vendor, and process audits, the auditor will participate in Sarbanes-Oxley audits.
- Audit Execution: Partner with Elanco personnel for the purpose of identifying key risks and auditing related controls.
- Process Ownership: Improve internal audit processes using input from key stakeholders, internal policies and procedures, and external guidance. Bring external perspective to influence audit processes using past experiences and research of external risks and regulations.
- Process Stewardship: Implement and automate resilient internal audit processes using technology (e.g. analytics and automation). Identify trends to surface systemic risks and insights to key business partners.
- Communication: Understand critical or unmet needs by actively engaging in dialogue with auditees, affiliate management, audit team members, and business partners about risks and how Corporate Audit Services evaluates risk.
- Maximize People: Contribute to an atmosphere of teamwork and continual learning.
- BS Finance w/ Accounting coursework
- Active Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or CPA candidate
- Qualified candidate must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H-1B or TN status) for this position.
Additional Skills & Preferences:
- Masters in Accounting
- Audit or internal controls experience (Ex. Internships)
- Public accounting experience
- Strong learning agility and demonstrated critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication (verbal & written), interpersonal, and influencing skills
- Interest and ability to cross-train on other audit streams including promotional activities, information security, and privacy
- Interest to learn technologies for use in data analytics and automation
- Ability and willingness to work both independently and within a team environment
- Ability to interact with all levels of management
- Location: This position is located at Elanco Global Headquarters, Greenfield, IN.
- Travel: Domestic and international travel of 15 – 25% (including weekend travel) once travel restrictions are lifted.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status