REPORTS TO: Farm Manager
– The ideal candidate will be currently enrolled or with an Associate degree (or above) in Aquaculture, Fisheries, or a related field.
– Self-motivation and strong work ethic are essential to excel in this position.
– Knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software and Database software.
– Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations.
– Must be able to lift 50 lbs
Essential duties and responsibilities
The farm trainee – shrimp production position will learn and perform some of the responsibilities of a shrimp farm operation/training center, caring for the aquaculture production systems, including animal husbandry, system cleaning, and general maintenance.
Duties & Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
– Animal husbandry
– Weight sampling – biometry
– Seining and moving
– Careful observation of animal behavior
– Pumps and aerators
– Tanks and system
To apply please send your resume to: email@example.com