Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity to join our team as an Associate Territory Manager. The Associate Territory Manager position is a preparatory role designed to develop the knowledge, skills, and experiences required to be an effective Territory Manager at Corteva. This is done through structured training, project responsibility, and day to day interactions with Territory Managers, Business Partners, and Customers.
In this role you will help customers and channel partners such as farmers, retailers, dealers, distributors, and end users by identifying needs and offering solutions in one of several businesses: Corteva Crop Protection, Pioneer, Brevant, PhytoGen Seeds, Pasture and Land Management, Turf and Ornamental, or Urban Pest Management. We have multiple positions nationwide, with many opportunities for increasing responsibility and managing the future of your own career.
Territory Managers are the face of Corteva Agriscience, creating demand for and increasing the understanding of our products. As an Associate Territory Manager, you will work directly with our customers to gain the experience needed to manage your own territory as a Territory Manager. The responsibilities of a Territory Manager include but are not limited to the following:
Responsibilities – How will you help us grow?
- Provide technical assistance to farmers, end users, or channel partners in the proper use and stewardship of our products.
- Consult with farmers or end users to evaluate pests, environmental conditions, product selection, application method, and application timing for our products.
- Annual planning and forecasting with primary accounts, in conjunction with product teams.
- Present technical information to key accounts to ensure complete understanding of pricing, terms, programs, program deadlines, regulatory changes, or other relevant topics.
- Monitor results of product marketing programs via regular timely reports and product planning.
- Evaluate and pursue new marketing opportunities.
- Develop relationships with trade organizations and customers to promote our products.
- Commit to the ATM training curriculum for the duration of the training program.
Qualifications – What will you bring to the table?
Our sales organization works vitally and independently with our customers, understanding their concerns and helping them find solutions through our products. This requires a combination of entrepreneurial drive, technical expertise, creative thinking, and relationship building.
- We seek candidates with a bachelor’s or master’s degrees in business, economics, agricultural science, or other related disciplines.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills– demonstrated through in-person customer visits and written communication.
- Technical aptitude – ability to learn technical skills and agricultural information to apply that knowledge in your territory.
- The ability to collaborate and lead as part of a team – with a willingness to influence
- A customer-focused approach – to sales and service.
- Proficiency – with standard computer technology.
- Mobility – must have the ability to work in assigned territory and gain market expertise in potentially new geographies.
Starting your career with us in Commercial Development prepares you for career opportunities in Sales and Marketing, providing many opportunities for growth. Our Commercial Development Program lets you build on your current knowledge base and develop new skills for a future that is interesting, relevant and rewarding. The training curriculum offered to new Associate Territory Managers continues beyond your first month, and even your first year. The robust curriculum includes sales projects, self-study models, on-the-job mentoring, agronomic training, and formal classroom training spanning over five weeks. The objective of the Commercial Development Program is to provide our new hires with the information, tools and network necessary to succeed in their career with Corteva.
Benefits: Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time-off benefits including paid vacation, maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!