As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals’ lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco’s promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
Associate Scientist Animal Health R&D – Technical Development is responsible for supporting analytical methods development for bacterial and viral veterinary vaccines. The incumbent will work closely with senior scientists to execute experiments and deliver experiment results and reports in a timely fashion.
Basic Minimum Qualifications
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a relevant scientific discipline (Virology, Immunology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering).
- 2-3 years of experience in bacterial and viral quantitation. ELISA, SDS-page, and western blotting experiments.
- Experience working in a laboratory environment.
- Good Documentation Practices.
- Media and solution preparation.
- Operation and maintenance of basic laboratory instrumentation.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- Design and execution of biological base experiments such as ELISA, viral quantitation, CFU, SDS-page, and western blotting.
- Small-scale cell culture and Hybridoma Scale up.
- Design and execute study protocols to support clinical trials.
- Experience with automated laboratory equipment.
- Proper documentation of all laboratory work.
- General laboratory upkeep and maintenance
- Effective communication of study results.
- Experience with vaccine adjuvants quantitation and emulsions characterization.
- Knowledge of moisture analysis techniques such as Karl Fischer.
- Protein quantitation, purification, and characterization.
- Experience with biohazardous organisms.
- Good understanding of the relevant regulations for animal health product development
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status