Who are we, and what do we do?
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity for an Associate Investigator in the Microbial Screening group in Crop Protection Discovery and Development located in Indianapolis, IN. We are looking for a scientist to enable the discovery and development of new and existing Biologicals (Microbials and Natural Products) with agricultural applications.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
• Execute experiments in microbial screening, isolation, and scale up of microbial cultures from small (microtiter plates) to large (multiple liter) scale
• Conduct soil DNA isolation and analyses of soil microbial communities
• Conduct microbial identification and characterization, particularly DNA preparation for genome sequencing, and genome sequence analysis
• Collaborate with senior scientists to explore emerging technology to improve microbial screening and fermentation to accelerate strain development goals
• Participate in select cross-functional efforts with scientists involved in bioassays, fermentation research, process development, systems biology, metabolic engineering, and field biology
• Provide technical mentoring to technicians
• Deliver internal presentations and research reports
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
• M.S. in Microbiology, Biology, Biotechnology, or related field
• Experience with microbial DNA isolation and analysis (Bioinformatics) desired
• Hands-on experience handling a variety of microorganisms
• Proven experience with aseptic technique • A track record of highly effective communication, interpersonal skills, and teamwork is essential • Preferred candidates will have relevant work experience in an academic, industrial microbiology, or small-scale fermentation lab
We care about you and we care that you’re comfortable. While there’s no place like home, Corteva comes close. Benefits:
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!
Corteva Agriscience™ is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to boldly embracing the power of inclusion, diversity, and equity to enrich the lives of our employees and strengthen the performance of our company, while advancing equity in agriculture. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. Discrimination, harassment and retaliation are inconsistent with our values and will not be tolerated.