Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and the planet? Search our job listings below.
Position Title: Associate Scientist – ERL Discovery Biology – Cell Culture
Job Level: P1-P4
Position Type: FTE
Job Function: Support Elanco Research Labs
The Associate Scientist will use their skills and knowledge in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, and Biochemistry to discover and optimize biopharmaceuticals and vaccines. The incumbent will participate in biotherapeutic molecule discovery efforts (e.g., monoclonal antibodies) in the Elanco Research and Breakthrough Innovation Laboratories by performing cell-based protein expression campaigns. This position will be responsible for managing the entire protein expression workflow from transfection through harvest. This position is laboratory-based and will require routine interaction with senior scientists across multiple discovery and core research laboratories at Elanco. The incumbent scientist will be expected to support multiple projects at any given time, and therefore must possess superb documentation and organizational skills The ability to independently execute experiments and a drive to contribute to a larger team is essential.
Functions, Duties, Task:
- Transiently transfect suspension cell cultures for protein expression studies
- Create stable, recombinant cell pools
- Clone cells by limited dilution or FACs
- Perform protein expression studies including scale-up, feed addition, monitoring of viability and productivity using analytical instrumentation
- Optimize cell-based protein expression protocols
- Demonstrate proficiency at data reporting, interpretation, and trending.
- Demonstrate good documentation skills with regard to raw data recording and protocol authoring
Minimum Qualification (education, experience and/or training, required certifications):
- Minimum BS degree in a relevant scientific discipline (molecular biology, microbiology, cell biology, immunology, or biochemistry)
- At least 2 years of experience working on R&D projects in the human or animal health industries.
- Effective oral and written communications skills.
- High personal ethical and quality standards.
- Exceptional problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Must be able to work productively in an interdisciplinary team environment
- MS degree and demonstrable subject matter expertise in a relevant scientific disciple (as above)
- Proven project leadership skills
- Knowledge and experience in handling and manipulating 293 and CHO suspension cell cultures
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status