Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and the planet? Search our job listings below.
This role is critical to the successful execution of multiple intercompany (manufacturing to affiliate warehouse) areas of responsibility including arrangement of domestic and international shipments, internal customer service for product shipments, ensuring that EX/IM requirements are met, and performing specific replenishment transactions. The Intercompany Services team is also responsible for monitoring affiliate inventory levels for their respective products and proactively providing recommendations to key stakeholders to ensure healthy inventory levels. Success factors for this role include strong communication skills, attention to detail, the ability to prioritize, exposure to logistics and manufacturing planning processes at Elanco, and the ability to work in fast-paced environment.
Key Objectives/ Responsibilities:
- Responsible for exceptional customer service and trade compliance accuracy to internal and external partners for all shipments from manufacturing sites to affiliate warehouses including creation of shipping documentation, coordination with freight forwarders, freight payment management, and resolution of customer service issues (product damage in transit, temperature variances, reports of missing product or documentation, delayed shipments, etc.); Handle export orders with additional attention because of the inherent complexity of these orders and different requirements by country
- Communicate clearly to key stakeholders any changes in product availability or delivery timing
- Assist in coordination of new product launches within business/ affiliate are aligned with global launch maps and supply is available.
- Regularly review affiliate inventory levels and order due dates to identify changed requirements and priorities. Provide recommendations and risk management strategies for demand management processes and existing PO requirements
- Perform purchase order creation and changes in SAP as needed, communicating all changes to key stakeholders in a timely manner
- Build and maintain effective cross-functional relationships with Commercial Supply Chain and other business leaders (Global Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Regulatory, Quality, Finance, etc)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Understanding of Supply Chain concepts, tools and business processes including knowledge Manufacturing Operations, Planning, Logistics, EX/IM, SAP, Warehousing, Quality and Regulatory
- Degree in Supply Chain Management (alternatively, CPIM certified or in progress) or applicable experience
- Customer service focus, proven record of success in resolving conflicts and problem solving
- Effectively collaborates cross-functionally (Commercial, R&D, Manufacturing, Quality, Finance, Marketing, Sales), at the leadership and broader team level
- Excellent communicator; ability to influence broadly
- Proven learning agility
Additional Preferences (may be based on location):
- Experience in Export and International Trade
- Project Management experience
- APICS certification
- Language skills: English, local language(s)
- Work shift: Full time
- Travel required (% of time) – up to 10%
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status