Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and the planet? Search our job listings below.
At Elanco, Marketing plays a vital role in driving our growth and helping us realize our mission to enrich our customers’ lives through food and companionship. Our marketers are passionate about what we do every day to build our portfolio of brands. As a team, Marketing is obsessed and generous with insights from the marketplace, and we embrace our role as the bridge between our customers, our stakeholders and our products. We focus on delivering competitive, smart strategies and execution that will enable Elanco to succeed.
The Associate Brand Manager will play a substantial role in the development of and operational support for the marketing plans of specific brands as assigned to achieve messaging and sales objectives.
This job requires successful interaction not only with the Therapeutics Marketing team but with internal customers (including but not limited to Field Teams, Finance, Market Research and HQ management team, Customer Relations, etc.) and external customers and partners (Veterinarians, vendors – agencies, distributors, etc.), internal legal staff, and other sales and marketing teams to achieve department objectives
Brand Plan Implementation and Campaign Development
- Works closely with Brand Manager(s) to provide marketing executional and planning activities for brands as assigned.
- Execute localization of globally developed materials as appropriate, including steering through the regulatory review process
- Work cross functionally to ensure programs and projects drive achievement of Sales Targets in line with specific objectives as identified in the annual brand and category plans as relevant
- Lead and develop supportive programs and projects to meet marketing objectives for assigned brands. Responsible for deliverables and execution of such programs.
Coordination of the development and supply of marketing communications
- Coordinate the development of marketing materials aligned with Global and Regional platforms and directions as appropriate (Global and Regional brands). Assist in the management of the design and supply items for local brands where and when required.
- Works with sales force and shopper marketing teams to both solicit feedback and provide materials and communication appropriate to channel and consistent with brand strategy(s).
- Develop, implement, and coordinate key brand activities such as brand programs, detail aids, POS materials and other collateral. Develop marketing communications, sales strategies, and promotions to attain sales goal and other commercial objectives (e.g. market share and profitability). This includes coordination of VeevaPromoMats material routing to get to final approval of all artwork, and to ensure compliance with industry and internal organizational regulatory requirements.
Expenditure, Production & Sales Forecasting
- Partners with brand managers to manage expenditure budgets for marketing activities (A&P) in the country affiliate.
- Coordinates with Brand Manager(s) for forecasting of product manufacturing, sales and samples to ensure sufficient stock. Partners with Business Unit, Technical Operations, Regulatory and Customer Services to achieve these inventory objectives.
- Analyze market and customer sales data to develop a strong understanding of brand trends, the competition to influence brand plans and commercial planning forecasts.
Develops and maintains business relationships with key internal and external business partners
- Builds positive relationships with relevant internal (e.g. sales, shopper marketing, legal, regulatory) and external customers (including but not limited to advertising agencies, key vendors, industry organizations/groups)
- Bachelor’s degree, Marketing/Business preferred
- 4+ years of experience in Marketing or related field
- Positive attitude and fit with Elanco cultural pillars
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively with teams and various functional areas such as research, development, marketing services, finance, customer service, and business development.
- A results driven team player able to work in and with a proactive team with a high degree of customer focus
- Excellent organizational and implementation skills
- Strong Communication skills: verbal, written and interpersonal
- Ability to influence and deliver results through others
- Personal accountability and strong drive for execution
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco Animal Health does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this position.
- Animal health experience and/or experience marketing regulated (FDA, USDA, EPA) products strongly preferred
- The ideal candidate will have both veterinary and retail sales channel experience utilizing the full range of messaging methods/channels
- Travel: 10 to 25%
- Location: primary location for this position is Kansas City metropolitan or Greenfield, IN.
- Worker Type: Flexible = work does not require a specific location or specialized equipment and can work successfully and productively across an ecosystem of different locations to support convenience, functionality, flexibility and well-being. Flexible workers are expected to come on-ste about half the time.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status