At Farm Credit Mid-America, we believe people are our strongest asset. We are consistently looking to hire individuals from a wide range of experience and skills who have a desire to serve. Currently, we have over 1,500 employees across Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky and Tennessee.
Here is what our company offers:
- Competitive Salary
- 15 Vacation days, 15 Sick days, 11 Holidays
- Award winning 401(k) with outstanding employer match
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-term, Long-term, Life and other insurances
- Fitness incentive
- Tuition Assistance for employees and dependents
BASIC FUNCTION: The Assistant Vice President (AVP) Marketing is primarily responsible for successful brand oversight and management across all marketing channels. Through a focus on advertising, product positioning, digital / social expansion, local activation and lead generation, the AVP Marketing will successfully position the brand’s marketing portfolio as a ROI/KPI driven resource for the business.
Travel: may be up to 30%
Assistant Vice Presidents LEAD others and may lead leaders by:
- Achieving results by leading others within discipline or function.
- Defining team operating standards and monitoring essential procedures.
- Exercising management authority in performance reviews, pay decisions, recruitment, discipline, and other employment decisions.
- Influencing and negotiating with team members in other areas of the organization.
- Possessing technical expertise, business and industry knowledge, and process and people leadership capabilities.
- Pursuing an understanding of and making positive contributions to the customer experience.
- Modeling organizational values, inspiring a shared vision and holding their team accountable for culture preservation and development.
The AVP Marketing also leads by:
- Working closely with Vice President Marketing as well as media and creative agencies to report on campaign performance, make recommendations for optimizing further by channel, and executing associated plans.
- Leading the development and deployment of online functionality through the use of strong digital and social experience.
Assistant Vice Presidents ADAPT by:
- Adjusting departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges with focus on the next two to four years’ priorities.
- Making decisions based on policies, procedures, business plan, resource availability and functional objectives.
- Identifying opportunities for application of functional knowledge and existing methodologies to solve complex problems.
- Applying acquired expertise to analyze and solve problems without clear precedent.
The AVP Marketing also adapts by:
- Translating data with media agency partners to plan effective and optimal targets.
- Creatively establishing initiatives that reflect an understanding of competitor products in each channel.
- Building an end-to-end customer lifecycle through the development and execution of acquisition, activation and engagement initiatives.
- Developing and implementing a test and learn based approach within each channel to inform future planning and deliver a powerful strategy.
Assistant Vice Presidents CONNECT by:
- Coordinating with leaders throughout the Association to make recommendations or solve problems.
- Providing technical guidance to employees, colleagues and/or customers.
The AVP Marketing also connects by:
- Working with multiple internal and external stakeholders delivering timely and successful marketing programs.
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders and across channels to provide a seamless and consistent journey from creative to close.
- Understanding local sales team requirements for success and translating needs into a strategic, always on, localized marketing support campaign that enables sales team success while building broader brand equity across the footprint.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or a related field; Master’s degree in marketing or related field, preferred. Minimum six (6) years of experience in leading marketing communications initiatives in a corporate environment as well as experience with brand and agency management. Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a leadership role or having demonstrated leadership capabilities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of: Brand development, Marketing and Marketing communication best practices, agency management, Association and competitive products, marketing research and consumer behavior.
Skills in: Leadership (coaching, counseling, developing and motivating staff); tact and diplomacy; innovation and creativity, negotiating, mediating and influencing solutions both directly and through direct reports. Implementation skills; verbal, written and listening communications skills; consensus building; public speaking; analyzing information; solving marketing problems; team skills.
Ability to: Use persuasion and tact in obtaining agreement; establish priorities and drive them to success; work in a team environment; analyze problems and develop solutions, exercise judgment, be assertive, work independently, maintain confidentiality. Use marketing/sales skills to plan and deliver effective programs; work with others to support key business strategies. Manage and maintain budget integrity. Translate organizational and marketing strategy into communication strategy
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This job requires the incumbent to have the ability to:
- Engage in telephone and face-to-face conversation to serve customers and give and receive information from staff, vendors, outside consultants and the public.
- Use a computer and similar office technology and tools. This involves reading the screen and keying/typing information.
- Speak and make presentations to individuals or groups on technical subjects related to job.
- Travel via auto or commercial transportation to carry out essential responsibilities of the job.
- Successfully interact with and represent the organization to staff, officers, board members, customers, vendors, and/or the public at all levels.
- Provide sound technical advice to leaders and other staff in the subject field(s) related to this position.
- Understand and explain various subject matter and consulting concepts, programs, terminology, and methods.
- Reason, judge, compare, calculate, evaluate, decide, and critique such information as written material, numerical data, responses to customer needs, and/or other related work activities.
Requirements of the job include the ability to do the work, with or without reasonable accommodations. It is the Association’s policy to make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Leadership retains the right to add, subtract or change duties of the position at any time.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than “at will” employment relationship.
Farm Credit Mid-America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other category protected by law.