As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals’ lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco’s promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
Assistant General Counsel (Procurement)
Work Location: Position is in our corporate headquarters, which is currently in Greenfield, IN. We operate in a hybrid model with 2-3 days a week in the office, and the remaining days remote. Elanco Animal Health will be moving to a new headquarters in downtown Indianapolis in 2025 (current projected timeframe).
**RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE FOR TOP APPLICANTS**
The Assistant General Counsel is a key role on the US Legal team serving as the primary liaison counsel for our Global Procurement & Supply Chain functions and providing legal advice and support for complex commercial issues and contracts related to procurement and supply chain activities.
- Partner closely with business stakeholders in purchase functions on vendor contracts.
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide variety of commercial agreements including consulting agreements, subscription agreements, purchasing agreements, services agreements, software agreements, licensing agreements and other technology agreements and associated SOWs.
- Assist in continually improving form agreements for a range of supply chain purchases and procurement.
- Support employees’ understanding of the company’s contracting process and policies through the preparation of training materials and employee communications and the provision of periodic training sessions.
- Handle fast paced and high-volume workload.
- Handle other special projects as assigned.
- J.D. degree
- 3+ years of general commercial counseling and/or litigation experience.
- Licensed to practice in Indiana or admitted to a State Bar of any US State or the District of Columbia (and able to be admitted to the Indiana Bar within nine(9) months following the commencement of the position).
- Knowledge and understanding of commercial contracting.
- Demonstrated competency managing complex projects.
- Experience leading or ability to lead commercial transactions as well as drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial agreements.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
Additional Skills & Preferences:
- Previous experience within the animal health, pharmaceutical industry or other highly regulated industries preferred.
- Previous experience counseling on IT-related matters is preferred.
- Strong business acumen and mindset towards collaboration.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively including strong facilitation and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to network internally and externally to influence without authority.
- Location: This is role is located at Elanco’s corporate headquarters in Greenfield, IN.
- Travel: 5-10%
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status