Who are we, and what do we do?
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter what your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – solving the world’s food problems through innovation, technology, and putting people first.
The purpose of this role is to provide a technical resource to coach and assist the operations team optimize and improve EH&S, throughput, product quality, reliability of supply and cost performance. Enables the asset to meet EHS&S, productivity and quality goals as the expert on the daily operations of the asset of responsibility. This role also enables the asset to realize the portfolio vision by executing the Asset Technology Plan by delivering manufacturing technology solutions.
Corteva Agriscience is seeking to hire an Asset Technology Engineer in Pittsburg, California. The AT Engineer is a trusted manufacturing technology expert who is fully aware of the asset process capabilities and technology opportunities and who generates value by executing the Asset Technology Improvement & Innovation Process (ATIIP).
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Understanding the portfolio technology vision and its applicability to the associated assets.
- Measuring the current asset technology performance, quantifying and prioritizing gaps.
- Gathering baseline data associated with the portfolio target KPI’s.
- Quantifying gaps between current performance and technology portfolio targets (e.g. using trends observed in campaign reports).
- Prioritizing gaps related to the relevant technology portfolio targets.
- Analysing gaps and identifying causes.
- Determining (and validating) causes of the gaps.
- Verifying if causes are controllable or actionable.
- Identifying the best solution.
- Identifying technology improvement ideas.
- Evaluating technology improvement ideas.
- Identifying the best solution. Estimating the early stage cost, benefit and staffing needs.
- Obtain stakeholder support for technology projects.
- Providing inputs to Capital Planning Process for technology projects.
- Verifying resource needs, preliminary scope and risk assessment for technology projects.
- Lead scope definition and approval process of technology projects (Successful Gate 1 Review).
- Providing project leadership to drive knowledge-based solutions using the appropriate methodology (e.g. LEAN Six Sigma, Fundamental Problem Solving, Value Accelerator).
- Controlling and sustaining the improvements as project implementation leader.
- Comparing actual results to project objectives.
- Determining the cause of potential failure and pursuing corrective actions.
- Confirming documentation is sufficient to sustain the improvement.
- Communicating project results to stakeholders.
- Ensuring technology learnings from prior campaigns are documented and incorporated in subsequent campaigns and new technology opportunities.
- Collaborating with plant team to provide technology expertise in support of process safety management programs.
- Leading the Asset Technology Team to support the ATIIP process.
- Partnering with operations for complex troubleshooting as appropriate.
- Support Unplanned Event investigation for technology-related events and leveraging of learning reports as appropriate.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- B.S. in Engineering Discipline or equivalent
- Three years of relevant technical experience
We care about you and we care that you’re comfortable. While there’s no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Our Pittsburg, California campus is home to 390 acres of manufacturing space making it the largest west coast chemical facility and the third largest employer in Pittsburg. Although a manufacturing powerhouse, the Pittsburg site touts 475 acres of lush wetlands preserve and dozens of prestigious awards from the Wildlife Habitat Council and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. In fact, Pittsburg maintains successful strategic partnerships with the Lindsay Wildlife Museum, the University of California, Berkeley, and the Earth Team. Children from surrounding local schools regularly take field trips to the site and Pittsburg hosts the annual Environmental Fair.
Pittsburg employees enjoy a lush, wetland landscape while connecting with colleagues through regular celebrations, festive holiday events, picnics and more. Join us in bringing sustainable food solutions into homes around the world, and we’ll make you feel at home while you’re at work in Pittsburg.
Our Pittsburg, California site is located in the San Francisco Bay area and centrally located between Napa Valley and the Sacramento, Central Valley and Bay area regions. Although just a short distance from the famous vineyards of Napa Valley and culturally rich city of San Francisco, Pittsburg has its own tapestry of community, activities and entertainment. Stop by the Pittsburg Marina, a 575-slip municipal marina that offers boaters easy access to the Upper Delta Region and San Francisco Bay. If you’re not ready to set sail, spend the day in Old Town Pittsburg, the historic downtown business district that boasts a historical walking tour, boutiques, art galleries and unique, first class dining experiences.
Sea, shore and more, Pittsburg is an exciting town with historical charm and a West Coast vibe.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!