We’re leaders. Innovators. Perfectionists. Constantly improving our products and practices, with our customers always at the forefront of everything we do. We’re the largest family-owned, retail seed company in the country and we’re looking for qualified leaders like you to help us grow. When you join Beck’s, you join a family. And it’s what we do together that sets us apart.
Are you a natural leader who’s passionate about leading and developing a team? Are you a team player who thrives on collective success? If so, then this is the role for you. As a Beck’s Area Team Leader, you’ll promote and support the company vision, policies, and programs by setting clear expectations for your sales team. Beck’s is dedicated to delivering a customer experience that is unlike any other, and that starts with you being your teams champion.
This position will cover our Michigan & Northern Indiana area which includes the Northwest portion of Indiana and Southern 2/3rds of Michigan.
As a member of the Beck’s Family of employees, all full-time employees are eligible for a generous benefits package:
- Health benefits including two medical plan options and company HSA contributions, dental, vision, employer paid life/AD&D for you and your dependents, disability insurance, and access to an onsite Nurse Practitioner
- 401k plan match & company sponsored pension plan and access to a Financial Advisor to help you manage your retirement savings
- Paid time off, Paid Holidays, Wellness Programs, & Corporate Discounts
- Company Christmas Party, $200 Merchandise Allowance, & Much More
- Set clear expectations:
- Communicate daily with assigned sales team members
- Define expectations and responsibilities of assigned sales team members
- Hold sales team members accountable for meeting or exceeding expectations and responsibilities
- Provide feedback to Regional Business Manager
- Coach team members:
- Listen and ask questions of assigned team members
- Stay positive
- Encourage collaboration and teamwork across sales teams and departments
- Develop strategic plans and goals for assigned team members
- To grow sales
- To develop personally via continuing education and training
- Deliver tough messages to assigned team members when needed
- Reward performance and teamwork
- Dealer recruitment:
- Ensure the dealer network within the specific ATL area is healthy, productive and well-managed by Seed Advisors.
- Work with Seed Advisors to identify areas that do not have adequate dealer representation
- Assist Seed Advisors in the identification and recruitment of competitive dealers
- Perform other related duties as may be required by the Regional Business Manager or the Director of Sales and Marketing.
Education and training:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in an agricultural related field of study preferred.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and insurable driving record as determined by Beck’s automobile insurance policy.
- This is a safety-sensitive position.
- Basic computer and current software skills.
- A working knowledge of agronomics.
- Chauffer license or equivalent required.
- Ability to pass DOT physical examination and obtain Medical Examiner’s Certificate may be required.
- Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds unassisted.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in agricultural sales or related industry with a Bachelor of Science Degree or:
- A minimum of ten (10) years field sales experience.
** In an effort to provide a safer, drug-free workplace for employees, all full-time applicants to whom offers of employment are made must submit to a drug test and background check, subject to applicable local, state, or federal laws or regulations. Employment at Beck’s is contingent upon passing these pre-employment screenings.