PURPOSE AND SCOPE
We’re leaders. Innovators. Perfectionists. Constantly improving our products and practices, with our customers always at the forefront of everything we do. We’re the largest family-owned, retail seed company in the country and we’re looking for qualified leaders like you to help us grow. When you join Beck’s, you join a family. And it’s what we do together that sets us apart.
Are you a natural leader who’s passionate about leading and developing a team? Are you a team player who thrives on collective success? If so, then this is the role for you. As a Beck’s Area Team Leader, you’ll promote and support the company vision, policies, and programs by setting clear expectations for your sales team. Beck’s is dedicated to delivering a customer experience that is unlike any other, and that starts with you being your teams champion.
This position will serve all of our Michigan sales territory and portions of Northern Indiana.
- Set clear expectations:
- Communicate daily with assigned sales team members
- Define expectations and responsibilities of assigned sales team members
- Hold sales team members accountable for meeting or exceeding expectations and responsibilities
- Provide feedback to Regional Business Manager
- Coach team members:
- Listen and ask questions of assigned team members
- Stay positive
- Encourage collaboration and teamwork across sales teams and departments
- Develop strategic plans and goals for assigned team members
- To grow sales
- To develop personally via continuing education and training
- Deliver tough messages to assigned team members when needed
- Reward performance and teamwork
- Dealer recruitment:
- Ensure the dealer network within the specific ATL area is healthy, productive and well-managed by Seed Advisors.
- Work with Seed Advisors to identify areas that do not have adequate dealer representation
- Assist Seed Advisors in the identification and recruitment of competitive dealers
- Perform other related duties as may be required by the Regional Business Manager or the Director of Sales and Marketing.
1. Education and training:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in an agricultural related field of study preferred.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and insurable driving record as determined by Beck’s automobile insurance policy.
2. Technical knowledge:
- Basic computer and current software skills.
- A working knowledge of agronomics.
- Chauffer license or equivalent required.
3. Physical demands:
- Ability to pass DOT physical examination and obtain Medical Examiner’s Certificate may be required.
- Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds unassisted.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in agricultural sales or related industry with a Bachelor of Science Degree or:
- A minimum of ten (10) years field sales experience.