Are you seeking a result oriented, team-oriented workplace that makes a difference to how we feed the world? Are you a self-starter who would like to inspire and lead a team to drive success in the marketplace?
Advanced Agrilytics seeks an Area Business Manager in a people leader sales position to grow market share in a specific geography by leading and motivating a team of Precision Agronomists and building strong relationships with key customers. Qualified candidates must have a combination of strong business and people management skills as well as a dedication to a true systems approach to comprehensive agronomy practices including soil fertility, crop care, plant growth, progressive production practices such as data management and analytics.
- Work with Regional Business Director to create a business plan to drive market share growth in the specified geography
- Recruit, lead, develop, and retain a team of high-quality Precision Agronomists to implement the business plan
- Set sales targets and tactical plans with each Precision Agronomist for assigned customers and prospects and track progress
- Gather, assimilate and analyze market and competitive information and provide inputs internally to develop regional plans
- Collaborate with Lead Agronomists to maximize services, information, and training to preferred growers
- Successfully partner and build a trusting relationship with top growers and key accounts. Negotiate contracts and proactively resolve any customer needs
- Accountable for driving outcomes and flawless execution of developed business plan including achievement of sales, profit, and market share targets, sales forecasting accuracy, resource management, etc.
- Manage operational budget, variable selling expenses, and marketing funds within the region as per guidelines
- Coach sales team to enhance selling activity, differentiate Advanced Agrilytics and build long lasting relationships
- Travel approximately 30%-50% within defined territory
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture Business, Agronomy or related field
- At least 10 years of experience in sales, marketing, account management or agriculture
- 3+ years experience in a people management role
- Strong business acumen, account planning and resource management skills
- Strong results orientation and drive – ability to hold a team accountable, help prioritize resources and drive decisions
- Ability to inspire, coach and mentor a team
- Exemplary customer focus including conflict resolution skills
- Strong understanding of the agriculture industry, marketplace dynamics and grower needs. Strong understanding of agronomy is preferred
- Ability to work in a lean environment and be resourceful
- Excellent communication skills (interpersonal, oral and written)
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US
What We Offer:
- Full Benefit Package (Medical, Dental & Vision, FSA)
- 401k plan with company match
- Paid Vacation and holidays
- A culture that promotes collaboration, rapid business growth and teamwork
Advanced Agrilytics is an agronomy services company that fills the gap between the mountains of data farmers have accumulated and the agronomic know-how to put it into action without bias. Established in 2013, Advanced Agrilytics is rapidly expanding its high-touch agronomy services footprint throughout the Corn belt to assist farmers in managing specific environments within the field and share research-based insights from an experience team with a passion for agriculture.